C65 Bracelet Sizing

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Re: C65 Bracelet Sizing

Post by Deks »

I really wish they would do a half link. Im right at the exact end of adjustment. I have 2 bracelets. When I take two links out I have to set the wrist adjuster to fully out and theres no play and depending on the time of day and my wrist expands its too tight. The other bracelet I took one link out and with the adjuster fully in its just a little too slack. Its just my luck. One thing I notice is the links are 10mm wide so adjustments are 10mm off removing one link and minus 20mm when removing two links yet if you pay £10 for CW to adjust it for you they offer sizing in 5mm increments. How do they do this if half links don't exist. Do you think they have half links but only if available if you pay the £10 for CW to do it? I wonder they are very sneaky and count the strap adjuster to get the other 5mm.....
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Deks wrote:. . . . . How do they do this if half links don't exist. Do you think they have half links but only if available if you pay the £10 for CW to do it? I wonder they are very sneaky and count the strap adjuster to get the other 5mm.....
CW do not have a secret supply of half links.

What if they had? The secret would be out the moment the first person to receive a sized bracelet that included a half link, posted it on the internet.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jharris2741

Post by jharris2741 »

I have had the same issue with a recently acquired C65 Chronograph. The lug to lug length is less than on the C60 I believe, so it puts me " between links " . First time I've faced it on a CW watch. A smaller "filler" link would do the trick but not an option.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

I wonder why they offer the bracelet sizing in 5mm sizes when the links are 10mm. Lol it was wishful thinking about the secret supply of half links. If they sold them at £20 a link I would buy them tho :-)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Deks wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:13 pm I wonder why they offer the bracelet sizing in 5mm sizes when the links are 10mm. Lol it was wishful thinking about the secret supply of half links. If they sold them at £20 a link I would buy them tho :-)
You are not alone! :thumbup:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just to add after wearing 2 watches with 1 link and 2 links removed to see which is the better fit im going to put an extra link back in tomorrow . I prefer it a little slacker than nipping a bit and its amazing how your wrist can swell a bit through the day or after a bath etc. I assume people try to size and allow at least the little finger between wrist and bracelet?
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I'm having this very issue with my Tudor BB58.
I've set the bracelet in the looser position and stuck a small silicone pad under the clasp.
No Half links available.

PXL_20210320_104256709.jpg
Screenshot_20210319-131620.png
I've ordered a larger pad, to do a neater job, but it works.
You can get premade silicone discs and put on the case back, as suggested in my thread on this, but I prefer not to thicken the watch head.

Best of luck Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Nice one Steve! I'm going to give that a go.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Deks wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:13 pm I wonder why they offer the bracelet sizing in 5mm sizes when the links are 10mm. Lol it was wishful thinking about the secret supply of half links. If they sold them at £20 a link I would buy them tho :-)
I assume the 0.5 cm is achieved through the micro adjustment.

I think there was a "hack" thread about a year ago that helped with the inbetween links sizing.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Late to the party here but had the same challenge with the 65.. 1 link was slightly too loose with adjuster full in so had to remove 2 links, result, slightly tight..
Just had to open adjuster few notches but may not have enough further capacity to loosen if I get really hot.
May have to try the silicon pad option, thanks 👍

1st world problems and all that 🙂
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I struggled to understand what you were doing, but you effectively making your wrist a little larger with the pad, yes?

It's hard to know how precisely how thick a pad would need to be. If you wanted to make a circle (a watch) stand 1mm proud all the way around a (circular) wrist, ie a radius of 1mm larger, then it would need to ne about 6mm longer. (2 x pi x 1 (radius) millimeters). A bulge of two mm thick, for a relatively short part of the circumference is probably only going to a small amount - but then it probably only needs a small amount.

It's like ring diameters. My wife is a size M, and a size L is tight - too tight in summer, while a size N is much too loose - and there is just slightly more than than 0.4 mm diameter difference between ring sizes - which is a circumference of pi x 0.4 = 1.3mm difference between pair of each ring sizes. So you do get a noticeable effect with a small adjustment.

Amazingly, if you wanted to pass a cable around the earth, so that it stood a metre high all the way round, it only needs to be 6 metres longer (2 x pi x 1 metre). You would have thought it needed to be far longer than that, wouldn't you.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ I don't believe its a case of making the wrist larger but the caseback deeper.

In doing so, it raises the watch off the wrist and will need a longer bracelet for the same fit.

When I had my C60 Trident Pro 600 Chrono P'type, I used to wear it with the ratchet micro-adjustment fully extended bar one click. If I switched to a standard C600 Trident Pro 600, with a shallower caseback, I would shorten the bracelet by one click on the micro-adjustment.

Make sense?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
Yes, that's the right way to put it. It's not like there's a sticky pad attached to the wrist, is there? Similar result. that's all.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

I dont believe the fact about the one meter above the earth and would put my watch collection on the line :-). I'll calculate it later if I can find a calculator with enough zero's. Just to add what if it had to go above Everest for instance :-) hehe

Back onto topic. Its amazing how much your wrist can change when warm and waking up on a morning. I size mine on the loose side as I dont like it where its on the tight side and leaves marks on the wrist.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Incredibly I have done the calculating using a simplified pi of 3.14. This gives a length of 6.28 meters which luckily is slightly more than 6m 🤣🤣 so I'm keeping my watches. Brilliant fact tho 👍👏👏👏