New models...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

New models...

Post by alanrolfe01 »

Love the black silhouette, I hope the orange, that was seen for sale as a prototype, follows. I'm not a fan of GMT's so the Worldglow is a pass for me.

Using the JJ03 in the Worldglow provides hope for more SH21's following the recent Abyss SH21 or other exciting movements following the Sellita SW510 in the C60 Chronograph.

CW's range shouldn't be dependant on the mechanical inconsistancies of the Sellita 200's.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: New models...

Post by Clach77 »

C60 Sapphire Black is on the new releases pages
Trying not to buy any more watches...
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I think my favourite would be the C60 sapphire blue on blue limited edition, although it's a shame it doesn't have a display back.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

There’s nothing (yet) for me in the new releases.

The C1 and Black Sapphire are to be admired for their overall innovation and technical aspects plus the case, movement and boldness of the design but neither suits my tastes and I do wonder about the size of the C1 at 43.5mm.

What did grab my interest though was the description of the potential C60 Sealander on page 10 of Loupe. Not overly thick, relatively restrained dial, bright white raised indexes and the possibility that “the infamous logo” (CW's words not mine) could be positioned at 12. No mention of case size or WR but hopefully it’d be 40mm, if based on the Trident 3, with max 600m WR or maybe an alternative would be the 41mm C65 case to make it less of another diver styled watch.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:45 pm

What did grab my interest though was the description of the potential C60 Sealander on page 10 of Loupe. Not overly thick, relatively restrained dial, bright white raised indexes and the possibility that “the infamous logo” (CW's words not mine) could be positioned at 12. No mention of case size or WR but hopefully it’d be 40mm, if based on the Trident 3, with max 600m WR or maybe an alternative would be the 41mm C65 case to make it less of another diver styled watch.
I’ve been looking at those drawings as well. My interpretation is that it’s a smooth bezel with internal 5, 10, 15 numbers on an internal rehaut. It indicates the C60 handset so I’d assume the C60 case, possibly in 40mm? as a 42mm non-dive watch would be enormous. There doesn’t appear to be a date window at 3 so it’s either no-date or date at 6?

CW seem to be evolving their branding on recently announced models whereby on plain(ish) dials with a date window at 3 the logo is opposite at 9 for balance; for other models that are either no-date or have sub-dials/complications then the logo has moved to 12. This suggests to me that it’ll potentially be the latter for this model.

It now just leaves CW with the quandary of what to do about having the name of a former director on their dials, particularly as he’s involved to some extent with an newly emerging brand that must be regarded as a potential competitor...
Tim
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

I like the C60 Black, as the blue of the original sapphire didn't really do much for me, but it's a shame they didn't keep the orange indexes from the blue C60 Sapphire and just changed the sapphire from blue to black, instead they made it red. Below is my quick attempt at how it would look alongside the other two, I would have been interested.
20210128_180817.jpg
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

alanrolfe01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 pm

CW's range shouldn't be dependant on the mechanical inconsistancies of the Sellita 200's.
Sorry, but I don't understand this. What inconsistencies?
Richard
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Having already got the blue in my stable, Ive just ordered the black. I think it looks quite striking.
Coupled with a £100 voucher it was a no brainer for me as I love my sapphire!

I cant remember the lucky lucky ****** that picked up the orange prototype, but if he reads this and EVER wants or needs to sell, there will be cash waiting in sunny Bolton...!!!

(Yes im aware theres more chance of having a snowball fight in the desert with Lord Lucan but one can but dream) :lol:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Dickchins wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 pm Having already got the blue in my stable, Ive just ordered the black. I think it looks quite striking.

I cant remember the lucky lucky ****** that picked up the orange prototype, but if he reads this and EVER wants or needs to sell, there will be cash waiting in sunny Bolton...!!!

(Yes im aware theres more chance of having a snowball fight in the desert with Lord Lucan but one can but dream) :lol:
The guy that picked up the orange sapphire prototype frequents the Christopher Ward Aficionados Facebook page, maybe the enthusiasts one too? He just posted a bunch of pics of it a few days ago, and it does look stunning. He looks like he really likes it, sadly for you :( but it never hurts to drop him a message about buying it! I’ve definitely thought about it!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:33 pm
Dickchins wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 pm Having already got the blue in my stable, Ive just ordered the black. I think it looks quite striking.

The guy that picked up the orange sapphire prototype frequents the Christopher Ward Aficionados Facebook page, maybe the enthusiasts one too? He just posted a bunch of pics of it a few days ago, and it does look stunning. He looks like he really likes it, sadly for you :( but it never hurts to drop him a message about buying it! I’ve definitely thought about it!
Would you mind sharing what the orange sapphire prototype looks like? Would love to see but I am not on Facebook.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

Thanks for the heads up mate it appreciated. Im not on any social media though. Too many nutters, ex's, and ex-nutters for my liking...!!!

It was a bad idea being on social media when I was a cop and since then ive just never bothered with it.

Im sure it'll pop up on here again. I'll trawl the sale thread for a while over a jack & coke and find it! It'll be a lost cause anyway but it would be nice to have all 3!
downer

Post by downer »

Dickchins wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate it appreciated. Im not on any social media though. Too many nutters, ex's, and ex-nutters for my liking...!!!

It was a bad idea being on social media when I was a cop and since then ive just never bothered with it.

Im sure it'll pop up on here again. I'll trawl the sale thread for a while over a jack & coke and find it! It'll be a lost cause anyway but it would be nice to have all 3!
Is it this one? - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55679&p=840878
Richard
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

That looks like the rascal thanks Richard!
Ive not even pourred my jack yet!!!!!
downer

Post by downer »

Dickchins wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 pm That looks like the rascal thanks Richard!
Ive not even pourred my jack yet!!!!!
:thumbup:
Richard
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

J0EMI wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:46 pm
Would you mind sharing what the orange sapphire prototype looks like? Would love to see but I am not on Facebook.
The guy is apparently a forum member and posted pics on page 36 of 50-something in the sale thread - Richard posted a link above!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925