Loupe - Issue 20 - Spring 21

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Re: Loupe - Issue 20 - Spring 21

Post by undetterred »

I recieved mine also and a voucher in an envelope with letter detailing new models, surely the voucher and info could have been incorporated into the actual Loupe?
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

undetterred wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 am I recieved mine also and a voucher in an envelope with letter detailing new models, surely the voucher and info could have been incorporated into the actual Loupe?
The promo codes are market specific while I believe Loupe is a common publication across all markets.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:26 pm
The promo codes are market specific while I believe Loupe is a common publication across all markets.
^^ Spot on, they are market and currency specific !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:26 pm
undetterred wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 am I recieved mine also and a voucher in an envelope with letter detailing new models, surely the voucher and info could have been incorporated into the actual Loupe?
Fair comment,after browsing here,its evident quite alot of users are worldwide,not just UK.
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
MaxPowers
CW-watches: 2

Post by MaxPowers »

Not to start rumor, but I noticed my copy in the US had a return address in New Hampshire. Marketing company address, or future CW USA distributor?

Edit: Looks like a residential address.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

MaxPowers wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:56 pm Not to start rumor, but I noticed my copy in the US had a return address in New Hampshire. Marketing company address, or future CW USA distributor?

I’d like to think it’s some kind of inside joke with CW. Maybe the address is a disgruntled American customer who returned a watch with a very terse response. So CW decided to use his address as a return address so he gets flooded with the undeliverable copies of the Loupe!
Drew
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

Hmm, I wonder why I haven't received my usual copy of Loupe. Does CW have a blacklist :problem: ? Was it something I said about the logo :) ?
markee
Senior
Senior

Post by markee »

Dilbert wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:27 pm Hmm, I wonder why I haven't received my usual copy of Loupe. Does CW have a blacklist :problem: ? Was it something I said about the logo :) ?

Maybe it’s a negative feedback loupe! 😂🚖
MaxPowers

Post by MaxPowers »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:12 pm
MaxPowers wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:56 pm Not to start rumor, but I noticed my copy in the US had a return address in New Hampshire. Marketing company address, or future CW USA distributor?

I’d like to think it’s some kind of inside joke with CW. Maybe the address is a disgruntled American customer who returned a watch with a very terse response. So CW decided to use his address as a return address so he gets flooded with the undeliverable copies of the Loupe!
Ha! Thanks for the laugh this morning!
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:02 pm So the C60 Sealander sounds like the Aqua Terra type of sports watch that Mike has promised/teased for so long.

Hopefully released in the full range of sizes inc. 38mm.

Another interesting mention is that the black sapphire dial isn't achieved using a polycarbonate disc like the blue model, but smoked instead (no details provided).
This may appeal to members who questioned the longetivity of using plastic behind the dial in the initial offering.
Agree, makes sense that a Sealander would be similar to the Aqua Terra. One to keep an eye on, especially if it’s a 38mm
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:02 pm
Another interesting mention is that the black sapphire dial isn't achieved using a polycarbonate disc like the blue model, but smoked instead (no details provided).
This may appeal to members who questioned the longetivity of using plastic behind the dial in the initial offering.
From the website description:
This involves placing the sapphire in a vacuum chamber filled with a vapour of silver and carbon graphite – heated to 400°C – for three hours. It’s then put in another chamber, this time filled with silicon oxide vapour, which adds protection.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Arrived yesterday here !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

Argh, the suspense is killing me :!:

@Mike_France: I take back everything I said about the logo. It's an iconic design and a wonderful inspiration to the world's graphic artists. Incidentally, did I mention that my copy of Loupe hasn't arrived?
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

After all this suspense, Loupe plopped on my doormat yesterday. And what did I see? One of the articles not only referred to the issue of having the logo at nine or twelve o'clock but also described the logo as "infamous".

So, Christopher Ward has described its logo as not famous but infamous :!:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A little gentle irony. Nothing more.

They are fully aware that it divides opinion.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)