Jury still out on C65 AM GT - Decision to Keep

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: Jury still out on C65 AM GT

Post by Leon O »

I gave myself a work week to think about my decision. I was determined to leave the C65 AM GT in my watch box until I made a decision. I checked the watch box a couple times a day. By Wednesday, I had concluded that, other than my Disney watches, the AM GT by far had the most interesting dial of any watch in my collection. By Friday I was positive that I was going to keep it. So, I wore it that evening, and again Saturday after my chores were completed, and I am wearing it now.

Some of the reasons I decided to keep it were:
  • Interesting & unusual dial
  • the fantastic C65 case
  • the HAQ movement
  • Great value as a pristine NN watch
I'm pretty confident I won't have any buyer's remorse. :thumbup:

So far the bracelet is still in the box because I like to look of it on the Barton Horween strap.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Jury still out on C65 AM GT

Post by jkbarnes »

Leon O wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:33 pm I gave myself a work week to think about my decision. I was determined to leave the C65 AM GT in my watch box until I made a decision. I checked the watch box a couple times a day. By Wednesday, I had concluded that, other than my Disney watches, the AM GT by far had the most interesting dial of any watch in my collection. By Friday I was positive that I was going to keep it. So, I wore it that evening, and again Saturday after my chores were completed, and I am wearing it now.

Some of the reasons I decided to keep it were:
  • Interesting & unusual dial
  • the fantastic C65 case
  • the HAQ movement
  • Great value as a pristine NN watch
I'm pretty confident I won't have any buyer's remorse. :thumbup:

So far the bracelet is still in the box because I like to look of it on the Barton Horween strap.
Excellent! I’m glad to hear this. It’s a great watch, and you got a steal of a deal on it in the sale.

I’ll be sure to let you know how the deployant clasp works out on the Barton horween strap.
Drew
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Re: Jury still out on C65 AM GT - Decision to Keep

Post by alanrolfe01 »

It is a stunning watch and was already a bargain before the sale. I bought one early but even though it looks good in your photos I find that the watch somehow looks even better when attached to the bracelet. Great purchase and good decision to keep it.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

alanrolfe01 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:40 am It is a stunning watch and was already a bargain before the sale. I bought one early but even though it looks good in your photos I find that the watch somehow looks even better when attached to the bracelet. Great purchase and good decision to keep it.
I used to be a bracelet only guy, but I've recently begun enjoying straps. Eventually the bracelet will go back on. Quick release straps have made experimenting with straps a lot of fun.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by alanrolfe01 »

Leon O wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:48 am
alanrolfe01 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:40 am It is a stunning watch and was already a bargain before the sale. I bought one early but even though it looks good in your photos I find that the watch somehow looks even better when attached to the bracelet. Great purchase and good decision to keep it.
I used to be a bracelet only guy, but I've recently begun enjoying straps. Eventually the bracelet will go back on. Quick release straps have made experimenting with straps a lot of fun.
So have quick release bracelets!!!
simmo140
Senior
Senior

Post by simmo140 »

My AM GT is on a black and red hybrid. This matches nicely with red detail on the face. My only issue is the "rev counter" symbolism of the seconds mini dial. The red line should go from 50 to 60, not 60 to 10. Otherwise, very nice watch.

C65 AM GT.jpg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
C2, C7 Mk1, C6 Blue & black, C60 LE Yellow & Orange, C11 MSL PVD, C13 Chrono, C60 300 Orange, C65 Trident Diver, C65 AM GT, Lillenthal Supernova LE, C60#Tide, C65 Classic LE, C63 GMT