Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: That super compressor

Post by jkbarnes »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:37 pm
Wiggles wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:51 pm mine doesn't actually tell the time very well, and is quite inaccurate,
How many threads on this topic do you want? ](*,)
I don’t know, I think the comment might be warranted. From the photos, it sure looks like most of the SCs in this thread were off by at least 18 seconds! The time wasn’t consistent across any of them.

I’ll get me coat... :escape:
Drew
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Wiggles wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:51 pm
I just got mine. It is the discontinued version with the brown dial, but that's great, because it is the colourway I wanted. I have been a bit unfortunate in the sense mine doesn't actually tell the time very well, and is quite inaccurate, but other than that it is a stunning watch, and has leapt to the top of my favourite timepieces. Well, until I buy my next one of course :D
^ WHINGING again.....seriously dude?? This is your third thread on the topic of "my watch runs within spec, but CW won't regulate it because it runs within spec". You're offside, you lost, move on.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

Viognier wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:00 pm
Wiggles wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:51 pm
I just got mine. It is the discontinued version with the brown dial, but that's great, because it is the colourway I wanted. I have been a bit unfortunate in the sense mine doesn't actually tell the time very well, and is quite inaccurate, but other than that it is a stunning watch, and has leapt to the top of my favourite timepieces. Well, until I buy my next one of course :D
^ WHINGING again.....seriously dude?? This is your third thread on the topic of "my watch runs within spec, but CW won't regulate it because it runs within spec". You're offside, you lost, move on.
Perhaps you should pay more attention. I have said that it is my favourite watch, that's not whinging. I have come to terms with the fact the second hand spins around like a Dutch windmill
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I have come to terms with the fact the second hand spins around like a Dutch windmill
It's running at 20 seconds per day fast right? If it was spot on time, it would rotate 1440 times a day. Yours runs at 1440.33 times a day. Is that really that noticeable?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

exHowfener wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:02 pm
I have come to terms with the fact the second hand spins around like a Dutch windmill
It's running at 20 seconds per day fast right? If it was spot on time, it would rotate 1440 times a day. Yours runs at 1440.33 times a day. Is that really that noticeable?
The argument, somewhat akin to the watch hands or windmill, is going round in circles. :yawn:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ :)
“Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
As the images unwind, like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind!”

Meanwhile in other news my Black Sand SC bought at a 40% Billy Bargain discount is running at an annoying -2 seconds per day. So the good news is that the average performance of the notorious +20 spd one and mine is +9 spd. Always best to consider a larger sample.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK