That super compressor

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jesierras
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

That super compressor

Post by jesierras »

I decided prior to the sale that I wanted a super compressor. I live in the US so it seems like they processed my order later than others. Didn’t matter however as long as it showed up. It arrived today and this was one of the few CW watches I purchased that I didn’t need it to grow on me. The watch is stunning and beautifully designed. Far more watch then what I paid. It looks amazing on the bracelet. The internal bezel makes the watch seem smaller on wrist which was a welcome surprise. Definitely a keeper. If you were debating on picking this one up, I would say do it. It’s CW watch #8 for me and one of my favorite and not just because it is new.
cw Bunches
OMEGA Speedmaster Professional MOTFM
Too Many now to count
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: That super compressor

Post by monkeymax »

Nice to get one in the sale that you already wanted! :) Now you just need to update your signature!
Which colour did you get?
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations :clap:
I have the Deep Blue version on a bracelet and it is a really gorgeous watch.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Congratulations. The Super Compressor is lovely.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Really glad you like it, such an impressive design... can't wait for mine to arrive now :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Congratulations - great to read such a positive first impression.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Pics! As a Super Compressor fan myself, I really enjoy seeing how everyone is presenting it.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Mark_B
CW-watches: 5

Post by Mark_B »

jesierras wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:18 am I decided prior to the sale that I wanted a super compressor. I live in the US so it seems like they processed my order later than others. Didn’t matter however as long as it showed up. It arrived today and this was one of the few CW watches I purchased that I didn’t need it to grow on me. The watch is stunning and beautifully designed. Far more watch then what I paid. It looks amazing on the bracelet. The internal bezel makes the watch seem smaller on wrist which was a welcome surprise. Definitely a keeper. If you were debating on picking this one up, I would say do it. It’s CW watch #8 for me and one of my favorite and not just because it is new.
congrats on the super compressor and so pleased you like it :thumbup: - I love my mine - the quality is excellent, and there are so many nice, unique design details.

One thing that is perhaps not immediately apparent is the beautifully ratcheting unidirectional internal bezel. - This is a really nice touch on not seen on very many watches at all, and really well executed - (Bremont do a similar thing on their Martin Baker range). I really like the orange accents on the dial, crown, and compression ring holder - ties together nicely :D
CW: C8 Flyer UTC, C1000 Typhoon Cockpit Edition, C65 Super Compressor, C60 Trident 600 GMT, C63 Sealander GMT and Many others!
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

When the SC was first released I had a bad reaction (like when you find something unpleasant on the bottom of your shoe). But I have to admit it's really grown on me and I really like it now.

I will undoubtedly dither until the sale is over and then buy one at full price. Serves me right for not recognizing it for what it is at the outset! :D
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Lawrence wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:08 pm When the SC was first released I had a bad reaction (like when you find something unpleasant on the bottom of your shoe). But I have to admit it's really grown on me and I really like it now.

I will undoubtedly dither until the sale is over and then buy one at full price. Serves me right for not recognizing it for what it is at the outset! :D
I’ve been tempted to pick up a black sand, but I’d be buying for the price, not the watch. Now if the Deep Blue was on sale for that price, I’d buy in a heartbeat and take my chances with my wife’s wrath.
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

The black sands on bracelet was really beginning to grow on me. However, when I approched Mrs.O about getting it, she said I would have to return the C65 AM GT that I just ordered.

I have to start earning some goodwill so I can pick up a Super Compressor in the future.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

We can't have a thread about 'That' Super Compressor, by which I presume the OP, @jesierras, means the Black Sand version, unless he was fortunate enough to pick up a Nearly New Ocean or Deep Blue one, without some photos for reference.

As to the Internal Bezel, I wholeheartedly agree with @Mark_B that the mechanism is first rate and certainly the equal, if not better, for feel compared to Bremont's which I have on my U-22 BZ.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:18 am Image
Is it the angle of the pictures or my eye sight!?, but the alignment of the text on your one looks spot on.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

StrapMeister wrote: Is it the angle of the pictures or my eye sight!?, but the alignment of the text on your one looks spot on.
Its the angle.

None of the Black Sand dials are spot on, but looking at it with the naked eye you'd be hard pushed to tell from any angle.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:49 am
StrapMeister wrote: Is it the angle of the pictures or my eye sight!?, but the alignment of the text on your one looks spot on.
Its the angle.
None of the Black Sand dials are spot on, but looking at it with the naked eye you'd be hard pushed to tell from any angle.
Guy
OK.
It was just that when I look at the SC's on the CW sale page the | (in is 150m | 500ft) aligns to the right-hand side of the M (in COMPRESSOR) but in your pictures the | seems to line up with the left-hand side of the M.