C60 Blue - The Beast

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 Blue - The Beast

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 pm Its worth hanging in there for a CW bracelet, if you can.

The 'Beast' is a pretty top heavy watch and the fitted ends of the CW bracelet make a world of difference in holding it steady.

Guy
Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Guy is spot on.

I’ve swapped a bracelet onto mine and it’s a world of difference. The bracelet is perfect and luckily I had one on another watch to try out.

The bracelet on eBay won’t go cheap. At the moment of writing, there are 40 watchers. I was interested but I think it’ll go beyond what I would pay on eBay.

Much prefer to buy from inmates.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

JAFO wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 pm So it's a Bergeon 6825 spring bar pliers for about £150 or a chinese copy for about £20 - or even a chinese copy, with Bergeon tips!
Why are Bergeon so bl**dy expensive, and so bl**dy good!

eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/184222839121?c ... c494abf465
I bought one of the cheap versions (was more than £20), and nowhere near Bergeon price.

Quality surprisingly good, but I just don’t have the dexterity to use it. I’m all fingers and thumbs. So I used Ryan’s technique to remove and my own ham fisted efforts to attach. Got there in the end with patience.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

There's always loads of watchers on eBay. Not many serious bidders. There rarely are.

With respect to Bergeon pliers, all of this is what makes CW QR bracelets such a wonderful invention.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

JAFO wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:35 pm There's always loads of watchers on eBay. Not many serious bidders. There rarely are.

With respect to Bergeon pliers, all of this is what makes CW QR bracelets such a wonderful invention.
For sure! With practice the pliers make bracelets much easier but it does take practice. I got these from Amazon. Went with a slightly higher price and am happy with the quality.

Spring Bar Pliers
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm
JAFO wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 pm So it's a Bergeon 6825 spring bar pliers for about £150 or a chinese copy for about £20 - or even a chinese copy, with Bergeon tips!
Why are Bergeon so bl**dy expensive, and so bl**dy good!

eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/184222839121?c ... c494abf465
I bought one of the cheap versions (was more than £20), and nowhere near Bergeon price.

Quality surprisingly good, but I just don’t have the dexterity to use it. I’m all fingers and thumbs. So I used Ryan’s technique to remove and my own ham fisted efforts to attach. Got there in the end with patience.
Glad it helped Brian.

Now if we could only see a wrist shot :D
Ryan
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

I too picked up The Beast in the sale. I enquired with customer services if any of the current brackets would fit it. They said 'We do not have any of the Mrk 2 bracelets but we are requesting an order for shoulders'. They said they would contact me when they have further information. I'm assuming the shoulders would make current 22mm braclets compatable.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

Bedrock wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:03 pm I too picked up The Beast in the sale. I enquired with customer services if any of the current brackets would fit it. They said 'We do not have any of the Mrk 2 bracelets but we are requesting an order for shoulders'. They said they would contact me when they have further information. I'm assuming the shoulders would make current 22mm braclets compatable.

Interesting to know, cheers for that one.
Please keep us informed if/when you hear again.
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

For those asking about strap options, some pics of the beast in various straps and mesh here:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

baldrick wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:43 am For those asking about strap options, some pics of the beast in various straps and mesh here:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Many thanks Baldrick. Exactly the info I was looking for..!

I have a superb strap option en-route, however I wouldnt have looked at a mesh. Im really surprised how well it looks on mesh.
I think the pick of the bunch may be the Citizen strap, which really is one I wouldnt have even considered.

Already having a couple of Steve-O straps, im looking in to one of those also.

Cheers.
Paul.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

This is one HECK of a watch. I have worn it every waking minute since Sunday afternoon. Wondering if I should also look for the bracelet for it but I have to say I enjoy it on a blue Barton rubber strap and have and also on a black strap I just got in yesterday.

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I presume the c60 bracelets are the same except for the shoulders,

I actually have the C65, but with the C65, there is a normal pin (I assume pin and collar) joining the shoulder to the bracelet, so I imagine they could be changed easily enough. Maybe they could also get a generic squared shoulder, so bracelets could fit any watch with that lug width.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 pm Its worth hanging in there for a CW bracelet, if you can.

The 'Beast' is a pretty top heavy watch and the fitted ends of the CW bracelet make a world of difference in holding it steady.

Guy
When I bought the “Beast”. It came on the thinner blue/orange hybrid V2. As I also have the thicker V1, I tried this to see if this would hold up better.

I can report that the V1 is definitely a better fit than the thinner V2 hybrid due to it’s heavier feel.

Although, as Guy says, the bracelet is the best of the 3 options.

tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:08 pm All done.

Bracelet on The Beast. Blue/Orange hybrid on the Blue/Blue C60.

My thanks to Ryan for his tips on removing the bracelet and,

Guy, for his advice regarding the compatibility of the bracelet.

I could go on, but it’ll start sounding like an Oscar acceptance speech.
Then there'll be floods of tears, wobbling chins, yawns of boredom from the audience and your waterproof mascara will be all over the place :lol: :lol: :lol: You'll never replace a bracelet looking like that! :wave:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:08 pm All done.

Bracelet on The Beast. Blue/Orange hybrid on the Blue/Blue C60.

My thanks to Ryan for his tips on removing the bracelet and,

Guy, for his advice regarding the compatibility of the bracelet.

I could go on, but it’ll start sounding like an Oscar acceptance speech.
Oohh. What about drifting into Golden Cleric mode. :D
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

I received an update from CS on shoulders to allow current braclets to fit the C60 Chrono 600:

'This is a courtesy email to let you know we are due the Mrk2 shoulders on our current schedule in May.

There may be delays so we cannot guarantee it will be May but we will inform you as soon as possible once they have been received.'