CW January 21 sale reboot

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: CW January 21 sale reboot

Post by Robotaz »

TigerChris wrote:What I would love to know is how many people that moan about missing out due to ‘scalpers’ have actually put their own money/remortgaged their house etc... and had the ball5 to set up and run a business and make a success of it. I’d wager not many, most work for someone else, draw their wage and job done. The reason I say this is that, when you are the ‘man at the top’ and the success/failure of the business, keeping staff in employment etc.. rests on your shoulders, business is business - a sale is a sale. You couldn’t really give a t0ss if they sell it on as you’ve made your money. And before anyone says ‘ah but you have to keep your regular customers happy’, for every regular you’ll pi55 off you’ll gain several new as brand loyalty ain’t a high priority in today’s world. It may be on forums like here but the regulars here are a pi55 in the ocean compared to the whole market across the world of people buying watches. Plus, a customer that only waits to buy discounts in the sales ain’t exactly loyal to your business anyway - they’re basically saying your product is overpriced. A decent web or you tube review of your product will gain you more customers than a brassed off person on here will lose you. Apologies for the rant but people saying ‘one watch per customer’ wouldn’t be saying that if it was their name as Director/Owner listed at companies house with ultimate responsibility for not only your own finances but employees that rely on you to keep turning the money over to pay their wages and keep them in employment. Particularly relevant in current times where you need to do what you need to do to keep your company solvent and staff on payroll. This also goes for the, so called, ‘scalpers’ - if it works for them to make some money and put food on the table then best of luck to them. On that note, that’s me out of here!
Of course Christopher Ward cares if EBay fills up with discount watches dumped by scalpers. Anyone with any sense would prefer repeat customers who keep the watches and post photos all over the internet buy them over the eBay scalpers that dilute the brand.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

There are so few new CWL watches on eBay that it's almost not worth discussing. If there were hundreds then there's a conversation. But 30 or so new watches?? And a number are in the US so likely not from the current sale.

Also it could be argued that an individual that buys some watches on sale and sells them at a profit to finance their watch habit is more of a genuine collector than an individual that only buys when the watches are on sale.

Or has signed up to a forum, surely that's not the sign of a true enthusiast?? A high post count a enthusiast does not make.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Who's to say that when buyers release surplus watches here to FM's at cost, rather than return them to CW, they still don't eventually also end up on ebay.
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Lawrence wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 am There are so few new CWL watches on eBay that it's almost not worth discussing. If there were hundreds then there's a conversation. But 30 or so new watches?? And a number are in the US so likely not from the current sale.

Also it could be argued that an individual that buys some watches on sale and sells them at a profit to finance their watch habit is more of a genuine collector than an individual that only buys when the watches are on sale.

Or has signed up to a forum, surely that's not the sign of a true enthusiast?? A high post count a enthusiast does not make.
Well said :clap:
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I would hazard a guess that the watches in the US eBay listings are not from the sale. I ordered on the first day (my first CW sale!) and my order won’t arrive until Monday the 18th.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair