CW January ‘21 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by ajax87 »

The sale/clearance tab has disappeared from the website, but there are still 5 discounted watches left if you go to christopherward.com/sale

CDFAF4D2-918E-4135-951E-B9440B179612.png
586013F3-71A3-496A-9A5B-91029020A872.png
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Well after three days of sending them the same form over and over it still says “clearance event” and is stuck in Cincinnati. I guess it will end up going back to UK. It’s a shame CW can’t fill out shipping paperwork after 10+ years of being in business. I’m a lowly little guy shipping watches from my personal collection and have never screwed up paperwork once.

And DHL keeps telling me CW isn’t fixing the paperwork like they should because they are not responding to DHL. Pitiful.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:37 pm Well after three days of sending them the same form over and over it still says “clearance event” and is stuck in Cincinnati. I guess it will end up going back to UK. It’s a shame CW can’t fill out shipping paperwork after 10+ years of being in business. I’m a lowly little guy shipping watches from my personal collection and have never screwed up paperwork once.

And DHL keeps telling me CW isn’t fixing the paperwork like they should because they are not responding to DHL. Pitiful.
Very unfortunate, sorry you’re having to deal with that. I haven’t experienced anything like this. I’ve purchased 4 watches from CW in the last year, all sailed through without a hitch, other than one that DHL accidentally transferred to the wrong hub, but that only delayed delivery by a day.

I ordered a C1 moonglow on Monday, was despatched Tuesday, just got the import duty bill from DHL this morning and paid, and it’s already on a truck in Michigan and should be delivered tomorrow. I’ve heard horror stories, but maybe they’re the exception.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

ajax87 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:37 pm Well after three days of sending them the same form over and over it still says “clearance event” and is stuck in Cincinnati. I guess it will end up going back to UK. It’s a shame CW can’t fill out shipping paperwork after 10+ years of being in business. I’m a lowly little guy shipping watches from my personal collection and have never screwed up paperwork once.

Very unfortunate, sorry you’re having to deal with that. I haven’t experienced anything like this. I’ve purchased 4 watches from CW in the last year, all sailed through without a hitch, other than one that DHL accidentally transferred to the wrong hub, but that only delayed delivery by a day.

I ordered a C1 moonglow on Monday, was despatched Tuesday, just got the import duty bill from DHL this morning and paid, and it’s already on a truck in Michigan and should be delivered tomorrow. I’ve heard horror stories, but maybe they’re the exception.
CW did their job and filled out the paperwork on your watches.

They blew it on mine and now refuse to respond to DHL, who’s trying to help them correct it.

I’m surprised how hard DHL is trying. You have to literally be nonexistent and refuse to cooperate like CW is doing to screw this up. I am disappointed that DHL will not upload my form to wherever it needs to go. Just a lot of incompetent people involved. I wish I could say I’m surprised. People are generally idiots and it appears I’m running into a patch of idiocy.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Robotaz wrote:
ajax87 wrote:

They blew it on mine and now refuse to respond to DHL, who’s trying to help them correct it.

I’m surprised how hard DHL is trying. You have to literally be nonexistent and refuse to cooperate like CW is doing to screw this up. I am disappointed that DHL will not upload my form to wherever it needs to go. Just a lot of incompetent people involved. I wish I could say I’m surprised. People are generally idiots and it appears I’m running into a patch of idiocy.

Have you raised this issue with CW?

How do you know CW are not responding to DHL? Are you relying on what DHL tells you?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
ajax87 wrote: Very unfortunate, sorry you’re having to deal with that. I haven’t experienced anything like this. I’ve purchased 4 watches from CW in the last year, all sailed through without a hitch, other than one that DHL accidentally transferred to the wrong hub, but that only delayed delivery by a day.

How do you know CW are not responding to DHL? Are you relying on what DHL tells you?

Guy

CW has never responded to any email from me. It didn’t even cross my mind to try contacting them.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Robotaz wrote: CW did their job and filled out the paperwork on your watches.

Guy

CW has never responded to any email from me. It didn’t even cross my mind to try contacting them.
Give a call to their US toll free number and if it's during their open hours in the UK you'll get connected there. I've found them very helpful!
US Telephone: +1 (877) 380 2288
Monday to Friday 08.00 to 18.00 GMT
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

OK. Called and they were nice. I’m surprised there are people you can reach now. Thanks. I tried for years to ask about straps and other service and never got a reply.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:22 pm OK. Called and they were nice. I’m surprised there are people you can reach now. Thanks. I tried for years to ask about straps and other service and never got a reply.
Did they say they expect to resolve the problem in a reasonable timeframe for you? Keeping my fingers crossed that they do... I know from your earlier posts how much you were looking forward to getting this particular model before these issues with the shipment arose. Hope you get it soon!
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by Robotaz »

audio.bill wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:22 pm OK. Called and they were nice. I’m surprised there are people you can reach now. Thanks. I tried for years to ask about straps and other service and never got a reply.
Did they say they expect to resolve the problem in a reasonable timeframe for you? Keeping my fingers crossed that they do... I know from your earlier posts how much you were looking forward to getting this particular model before these issues with the shipment arose. Hope you get it soon!
No they didn’t say, but I realize there are numerous factors at play and promising me anything could likely lead to disappointment.

I did find it interesting that CW said DHL should not have been asking me for the info, but seemed to not want to accept responsibility for that due to them not responding to DHL. This isn’t DHL’s fault. Going on and on because they won’t file the form I sent them is DHL’s fault, but they aren’t responsible for the mess and I actually credit them with going beyond what I would expect to make this work out and not have to return the package. The other shippers would enjoy sending it back and making CW pay to ship it again.

EDIT - No movement or changes today. Two more days and they claim it goes back to CW. I’m assuming it’ll end up going back at this point. Maybe at some point CW let’s US customers pay to avoid this altogether and just use EMS which shows up the next day with no customs hassles or fees. I’d pay $50 extra for it.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

The clearance section has now gone.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

nowttolose wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:36 pm The clearance section has now gone.
You can still access it at: https://www.christopherward.com/int/sale even though they've removed it from their listed categories. 8)
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

WE’RE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:36 am WE’RE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!
Great news :clap:
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:36 am WE’RE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!
Great news, maybe the phone call got things moving! 8) In any case I hope you receive it soon and it exceeds your expectations!