C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Post Reply
User avatar
brash47
Senior
Senior
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by brash47 »

Not a CW, but here ya go....Image

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

User avatar
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Sunny Tiptree, Essex

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by stefs »

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 pm
jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:20 pm
I’ve got a UV flashlight coming. I tacked it on to another order to save on shipping. Spend $7 to save $6 in shipping means it wound up costing me just $1 in the grand scheme of things. I’m surprised at how excited I am about blasting the lume with it.
Just look at the fun I had here JKB. My first SOTC (in the dark). A bag of sweets/ bragging rights for anyone that can guess all 12 lumed beauties (mods, feel free to move this if I've dragged it too far off topic)

20210103_211124.jpg
What is the watch on the left in the middle please? The one with the numerals
User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1619
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 12
Location: Surrey

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Bottom row, third from left is the C700. That’s the first time it’s glowed like that in the years I’ve owned it
User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1619
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 12
Location: Surrey

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

stefs wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 am
Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 pm
jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:20 pm
I’ve got a UV flashlight coming. I tacked it on to another order to save on shipping. Spend $7 to save $6 in shipping means it wound up costing me just $1 in the grand scheme of things. I’m surprised at how excited I am about blasting the lume with it.
Just look at the fun I had here JKB. My first SOTC (in the dark). A bag of sweets/ bragging rights for anyone that can guess all 12 lumed beauties (mods, feel free to move this if I've dragged it too far off topic)

20210103_211124.jpg
What is the watch on the left in the middle please? The one with the numerals
Apols , just re-read. If you mean on the left, middle. That’s the C10. Did you used to own one?
User avatar
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Sunny Tiptree, Essex

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by stefs »

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 am
stefs wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 am
Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 pm


Just look at the fun I had here JKB. My first SOTC (in the dark). A bag of sweets/ bragging rights for anyone that can guess all 12 lumed beauties (mods, feel free to move this if I've dragged it too far off topic)

20210103_211124.jpg
What is the watch on the left in the middle please? The one with the numerals
Apols , just re-read. If you mean on the left, middle. That’s the C10. Did you used to own one?
Ah! I thought maybe that or a c5a. Yep, twice!
Thanks
Jasonchan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:40 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Jasonchan »

So u guys think they will be willing to change the lumi to.... Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1-filled hands and indexes?
Jasonchan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:40 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Jasonchan »

Also... CW offer refund for C69 ABYSS SH21...

Anyone here refunding?
RobCH
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by RobCH »

Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 pm
Also... CW offer refund for C69 ABYSS SH21...

Anyone here refunding?
Hi Jason

Where did you see the refund offer? I guess anyone could return under 60/60 anyway.

I think I'm going to send mine back for a refund, but not 100% decided yet.
Jasonchan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:40 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Jasonchan »

Hi Rob.

I took out the string tag that says 60/60 and worn it for a few days already.

Issue for refund is I bought an extra gunmetal bracelet and paid almost usd500 for the taxes...

Will they refund all the above?

I'm currently requesting them to do something about the lumi by changing it with

Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1-filled hands and indexes

Will keep it if they can do the above...
RobCH
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by RobCH »

Hi Jason

I don't even recall getting a 60/60 tag with mine, but I haven't worn it anyway, so hopefully no problems returning for refund.

I have no idea about how to get tax refunded, but am sure it will be possible. I also would imagine CW will be able to advise how to go about it.

I doubt they will will be willing to do anything about the lume (and as most here seem happy with it, why should they I guess?), but would love to hear what they say to you about it, just in case...
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by jtc »

Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:39 pm
I'm currently requesting them to do something about the lumi by changing it with Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1-filled hands and indexes
No, they won't. As it's been worn you'll also need to sell it privately if you no longer want it.
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Halios | Oris | Seiko
User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25966
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:54 pm
So u guys think they will be willing to change the lumi to.... Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1-filled hands and indexes?
No they will not; be willing to change the lume, as @jtc has already stated.

It is not their policy to change the specification on their watches. Changing bezel colour has frequently been discussed on this forum and just will not happen. Apart from anything else to change the lume, as you are asking, is unlikely to be logistically / financially viable.

The C60 Abyss SH21 is a 'Stealth' watch and part of the abyss range, of which the first watch was launched over a year ago and has been well received. The abyss watches all have black lume which is never going to light up the night sky.

If you are not happy with this feature you are fully entitled to return the watch to CW under their 60/60 Guarantee but it must not have been worn and be in 'new' condition, to get a full refund.

As to any Import Duty / Tax that you may have paid on receipt of the watch or bracelet/straps, this is of no material interest to CW. You should contact your Country's Tax/Revenue organisation to obtain a refund.

Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 pm
Also... CW offer refund for C69 ABYSS SH21...

Anyone here refunding?
Are CW offering a refund? I do not believe so. They have offered to replace the misprinted dial.

If you are not happy with any aspect of the watch, you are entitled to return the watch under CW's 60/60 Guarantee - as mentioned above.


I hope the above clarifies the situation for you.


Guy
C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 AD| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40 x2
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze-316L| C60 Apex-Elite P'type-AbyssSH21-Chrono| C1000
User avatar
A1soknownas
Expert
Expert
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by A1soknownas »

Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 pm
Also... CW offer refund for C69 ABYSS SH21...

Anyone here refunding?
Can you confirm if they offered you a refund? If not you will have to speak to CW directly to determine what the available options are.

As stated here, the approach to correcting the wrongly stated WR it seems is to change the dial. Maybe there will be more to it like a discount for the mis-selling etc and it not meeting spec but hopefully they will notify you in due course as to what they are prepared to do.

However, I would not suggest that you return the watch based upon the lume only as that is what it is and you could have judged that before wearing it.

However the WR is a totally different matter, whether the watch is worn or not. Forget the 60/60. You have bought a watch that does not do what it says and to change the dial does not correct that.

Imagine if you bought a car that is supposed to do 200mph and it said so on the specification on the website. The speedometer showed the dial going to over 200 and it might even have had a badge on the side. After driving some miles, it transpires that it only does 100mph. They would not just change the speedometer to something more appropriate and put a new badge on the car and expect the customer to accept it. It goes back for a full refund or to be corrected to achieve the 200mph it was originally sold to do. Or they make the original offer more beneficial to you to compensate for the reduction in spec!

Good luck in getting the outcome that you want.
Jasonchan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:40 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Jasonchan »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm
Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:54 pm
So u guys think they will be willing to change the lumi to.... Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1-filled hands and indexes?
No they will not; be willing to change the lume, as @jtc has already stated.

It is not their policy to change the specification on their watches. Changing bezel colour has frequently been discussed on this forum and just will not happen. Apart from anything else to change the lume, as you are asking, is unlikely to be logistically / financially viable.

The C60 Abyss SH21 is a 'Stealth' watch and part of the abyss range, of which the first watch was launched over a year ago and has been well received. The abyss watches all have black lume which is never going to light up the night sky.

If you are not happy with this feature you are fully entitled to return the watch to CW under their 60/60 Guarantee but it must not have been worn and be in 'new' condition, to get a full refund.

As to any Import Duty / Tax that you may have paid on receipt of the watch or bracelet/straps, this is of no material interest to CW. You should contact your Country's Tax/Revenue organisation to obtain a refund.

Jasonchan wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 pm
Also... CW offer refund for C69 ABYSS SH21...

Anyone here refunding?
Are CW offering a refund? I do not believe so. They have offered to replace the misprinted dial.

If you are not happy with any aspect of the watch, you are entitled to return the watch under CW's 60/60 Guarantee - as mentioned above.


I hope the above clarifies the situation for you.


Guy
CW just emailed me again and their respond is they welcome the refund and I can ask local DHL to refund the taxes paid.

Thanks Bahnstormer_vRS and deeply appreciate all the advice and enlightening from you guys.

I agree that this is true - The C60 Abyss SH21 is a 'Stealth' watch and part of the abyss range, of which the first watch was launched over a year ago and has been well received. The abyss watches all have black lume which is never going to light up the night sky.

Will accept that.

Will keep the watch because no point going through all the hassle.

BTW.

Any recommendation on C8 Power Reserve Chronometer?

Is it worth it?

I mean its a 4 years ago model.
Jasonchan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:40 am

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by Jasonchan »

One particular quote by Hublot watch company on their black series.


"Basically the use of black superluminova started with the "black magic" concept. In short, since time is now displayed nearly everywhere , we no longer need a watch to read time . A watch has rather become an accessory reflecting your personality and so on". (My sidebar: Think about it. Everyone's got their phone, and it's an unconscious act to pull it out to check messages and time. Who really needs a watch in the dark anymore.)

"As you may observe, most of the brands use white, yellowish, or light green superluminova as, of course, those colors better reflect luminosity than black color.
Also, the larger and the thicker the layer of superluminova is, the better it will work."

"If we'd use white luminova on a Black Magic piece, we'd ruin the aesthetic effect."

"Historically, the watchmaking industry had first used radium; its luminosity in the dark was extremely good, but not great for our overall health. After radium, tritium was used until the end of the 90's, until it too was forbidden. At that point, superluminova made its appearance; less efficient, but with no radio-activity."

"To sum up, the black luminova is rather a design choice than a color chosen for its property to shine in the dark."

Makes me even firmer on keeping this Abyss.
Post Reply