C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Post by Tortoise »

Update on the rate of sales to gauge some sort of snapshot of the relative desirability to the wider watch community.

The cart is currently showing the following numbers remaining:
46 x Blackout w/strap
58 x Sandstorm w/strap
49 x Sandstorm w/bracelet
Ian
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

Tortoise wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 am Update on the rate of sales to gauge some sort of snapshot of the relative desirability to the wider watch community.

The cart is currently showing the following numbers remaining:
46 x Blackout w/strap
58 x Sandstorm w/strap
49 x Sandstorm w/bracelet
How are you finding this info Ian?
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

I'm loading the shopping cart with a hypothetical bulk order of, say, 100 pieces of each variant, and then clicking through to checkout.

The billing software then updates the order to reflect "Out of Stock" and advises how many pieces of each variant are left... :thumbup:

You still get free shipping on an order of 150 watches! ... mind you, it will cost you about $350,000 US. :lol:

cheers
Ian
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:29 am I'm loading the shopping cart with a hypothetical bulk order of, say, 100 pieces of each variant, and then clicking through to checkout.

The billing software then updates the order to reflect "Out of Stock" and advises how many pieces of each variant are left... :thumbup:

You still get free shipping on an order of 150 watches! ... mind you, it will cost you about $350,000 US. :lol:

cheers
Haha. Brilliant. Thanks.
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

TigerChris wrote:
Commisar wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:06 am
Good God, people seem to think there are replacing the C60 and C65 Image
I don’t think any comments have suggested that anyone thinks that to be honest
Idk, some people here seem almost apoplectic that these watches exists......

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Commisar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:55 pm Idk, some people here seem almost apoplectic that these watches exists......
Hardly apoplexy, but you can expect a broad spectrum of opinion. It is what we have come to understand as part of the forum process when any new model or line is introduced. There will be those who love it, those who hate it, those who remain indifferent, and those who keep their opinions to themselves. Not a great deal wrong with that.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm
Commisar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:55 pm Idk, some people here seem almost apoplectic that these watches exists......
...you can expect a broad spectrum of opinion... Not a great deal wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions, of course. This is a great forum to do so.

However, I’ve felt what Commisar is expressing since this thread first started. There is always a broad spectrum of opinion, but some opinions on this watch appear to have stretched much further to the negative compared with all the other recent releases. Unnecessarily so in my opinion, but maybe that’s just because I particularly like this watch.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

ajax87 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:42 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm
...you can expect a broad spectrum of opinion... Not a great deal wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions, of course. This is a great forum to do so.

However, I’ve felt what Commisar is expressing since this thread first started. There is always a broad spectrum of opinion, but some opinions on this watch appear to have stretched much further to the negative compared with all the other recent releases. Unnecessarily so in my opinion, but maybe that’s just because I particularly like this watch.
Well said. We should respect everyone's opinion and have a balanced view of all comments. Personally, I view this watch as a potential classic being of small proportions (which is always good over time) with the rarity aspect that makes it a potential future collectible. I've bought one to put in the cupboard along with a plethora of other (hopefully) potential investments. I may wear it though!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
robertvcoulter

Post by robertvcoulter »

I snagged one of the blackouts last month on eBay, but once I received it I realized that the date window is too small for my 44 year old eyes haha.

38mm is a little small on my wrist, I suspect I won't keep this one long. i am tempted to just hang on to it though bc it is #2 of 100.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I’ve had one of these stainless on canvas Sandstorm watches since the beginning of the year and I quite like it. Proper size for me and I love the style. The date function is too small - a shame, really, as it looks great in a close up. I can only read it in direct sunlight.It’s not enough to put me off the watch. I did swap to a thicker all leather strap.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

I notice that there are still some of these available in the W+W shop. Selling them has obviously been a bit of a struggle. I’ve said before that this is a difficult watch to photograph, and it’s also a watch that looks very different in different lighting conditions. So maybe it’s a watch that’s difficult to get to know from pictures enough to go ahead and buy.

I bought the SS version, and it has become my daily wear almost-one-watch. I absolutely love it. It’s now on a vintage brown leather strap (the canvas looks great but I found it a bit stiff). I have forgiven it the fact that the date is only really legible under direct bright light. It’s just a watch of huge character :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

missF wrote:.. . . .

I bought the SS version, and it has become my daily wear almost-one-watch. I absolutely love it.

. . . .. Image
I take it that it is safe to say that this will be one of your two keepers in your proposed two watch consolidation then, Lindsey?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:10 am
missF wrote:.. . . .

I bought the SS version, and it has become my daily wear almost-one-watch. I absolutely love it.

. . . .. Image
I take it that it is safe to say that this will be one of your two keepers in your proposed two watch consolidation then, Lindsey?
Yep. This and the LLD. I think this will be an amazing pair of watches :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ They will indeed, Lindsey.

Diver plus GODO (inc. dress). Don't need anything else.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I'm not a fan of either of these watches. Sadly, I am indulging in a certain amount of smug satisfaction regarding their slow sales. I hope CW got the money upfront. I see that I can get a free CW jigsaw if I buy one... And that's still a no.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris