C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Post by albionphoto »

I can't help wondering whether W&W might have been better receiving the watches in the US and distributing from there. As I'm not interested in the watches I can afford to sit back with beer and pizza and watch the fun. I hope that DHL plays the game properly too.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:50 am
TempusFugit wrote:The prices stay exactly the same for UK buyers with no additional shipping fees.
. . . . but you're in UK, aren't you?

I'm asking for someone in the USA, or elsewhere but not EU, to tell us the price they see.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
". . . . but you're in UK, aren't you?"

I might be!
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Here is the pricing for the C65 Sandstorm. UK pricing includes VAT.

C65 Sandstorm
Strap £950 $1085
Bracelet £1055 $1205

C65 Sandstorm Blackout
Strap £995 $1130
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

Kip wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 pm Here is the pricing for the C65 Sandstorm. UK pricing includes VAT.

C65 Sandstorm
Strap £950 $1085
Bracelet £1055 $1205

C65 Sandstorm Blackout
Strap £995 $1130
Where did you get those prices from? If you ordered a watch on W&W they charge the price quoted on the site regardless of where one's address is?
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

jkbarnes wrote:
StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:57 pm Don't want to be the party pooper as I really like the idea of this 38mm pointer date, but these particular designs look a little busy imo.
I agree. In another thread someone brought up the dreaded phrase “fashion brand.” I hate to say it, but this model just pushes me further towards that line of thought. Lots of new models being released with lots of stuff going on with these models, but very little brand cohesiveness, if you ask me.

And while I have absolutely no back ground or expertise in business, marketing, branding, brand development, or public relations, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Another name for "brand cohesion" is as follows "limited models, stagnant product lines, low sales"

Look at Oris, they sell basically 2 divers, a pointer date ...... And that's all I can think of. Nothing they make interests me in the slightest at the moment.

Meanwhile, Seiko happily makes watches for everyone at almost every price point.... Never heard anyone say "Harumph, SEIKO is just a silly "fashion brand" because they all lack design cohesion". Same with CITIZEN Image

Hell, it took Rolex a few decades to get a coherent design language for a few models. I could honestly argue that Omega has only has consistent design languages in a few models for the past 25 years, excepting the original Speedmaster.... Who here remembers the Quartz Omega Constellations in two tone gold? Anyone?

Blindly adhering to "legacy" designs generally leads to bankrupt if you don't have that little Crown as your Logo.Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I'm in agreement with some of the naysayers. This looks to me like an expensive Timex that they would release with Todd Snyder.....its literally the first thing I thought of.

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

paw3001 wrote:Handsome looking watches with the blackout looking to be the most legible.

Think these are the best looking releases to date.

38mm is small for me though and the layout of the dial makes me wonder if they would look smaller on the wrist.

Well done CW though. Very nice
Note that W&W probably pushed for the smaller size, they LOVE smaller watches

Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by Clach77 »

Kip wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 pm Here is the pricing for the C65 Sandstorm. UK pricing includes VAT.

C65 Sandstorm
Strap £950 $1085
Bracelet £1055 $1205

C65 Sandstorm Blackout
Strap £995 $1130
I’d not seen this Kip when I emailed W&W to confirm pricing. Their site shows the Sandstorm on canvas about £819(ish). This was the reply:

As for the taxing. These will ship from the UK, so you should not be taxed VAT if you ship it within the UK. I cannot speak to your specific situation but it will ship out from the UK.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Clach77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am

C65 Sandstorm
Strap £950 $1085
Bracelet £1055 $1205

C65 Sandstorm Blackout
Strap £995 $1130
I’d not seen this Kip when I emailed W&W to confirm pricing. Their site shows the Sandstorm on canvas about £819(ish). This was the reply:

As for the taxing. These will ship from the UK, so you should not be taxed VAT if you ship it within the UK. I cannot speak to your specific situation but it will ship out from the UK.
The £ prices I posted are what CW would sell for on the website(s) if they were selling the watch. They obviously are not.

Using the conversion pricing on the W+W site, based on the USA pricng gives you a lower price £ (no VAT).

What I am trying to grasp is....is this a loophole in the UK VAT system where if shipped from and to the UK, yet purchased eleswhere, no VAT is due. If this is true then good for you UK guys.

if not

Who pays/collects the VAT...customer, seller or shipper?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I also noted the “lower” prices than Kip quoted but I wonder when you get to checkout and specify the UK as your location, it will then add the UK 20% VAT (sales tax).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

^^^According to a buyer on this forum, it does not.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

I can confirm that if you buy on W&W you pay roughly £850 for the Blackout with no additional fees. The webpage states that buyers may be subject to import duty which, as the watch is shipped within the UK, won't apply to UK buyers. There is no mention of additional VAT being due. I've asked CW about this and they say they can't help and refer back to W&W. W&W confirms that there is no further money to pay on top of what they charge. So the price of the Blackout is about £850 for UK buyers!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Kip wrote:I think that some are not grasping that these were designed by Worn and Wound in collaboration with CW. This is what W+W wanted.
Correct

Plus there will be 300 total

Good God, people seem to think there are replacing the C60 and C65 Image

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

albionphoto wrote:These aren't to my taste and I won't be buying one. If they raise the brand's profile and help the business I'm okay with that.
Listening to the longer interview with Zach Weiss and Mike France this will be CW's last release of the year so we can talk about these for a long time before being distracted by a new shiny thing.
Rice pudding with Jam? No, no, no. Rice pudding with stewed apple. Only way to go.
Ohh I'll need to listen to that one

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Commisar wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:06 am
Good God, people seem to think there are replacing the C60 and C65 Image
I don’t think any comments have suggested that anyone thinks that to be honest