Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Red Bezel Tridents

Post by Lu.. »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:25 am
Found it! The green bezel, white dial on leather is a real beauty!

(Sorry for the minor thread hijack Lu..!)
No Worries...

Red is my favorite color (my Harley is red, my home's exterior is red brick, lol), but I also like the red bezel because it will stand out from all the black and blue bezel divers in the crowd. If I really get into divers I may get a second one (blue most likely) so I can rotate them depending on my mood.
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Lu.. wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:21 pm My goal is to get a red bezel Trident...I've seen the MK2 & MK3, just curious if CW made a red bezel MK1.

The Mk1's I've seen have the hour dot indicators, which mimic the Rolex and I like how they look.

I just searched in ebay and there is an MK2 for sale, but prefer one that has all the documentation and original packaging..having said that, please post pics, info on red bezel Tridents.
Like this?
IMG_0080.JPG
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Lu.. wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:21 pm My goal is to get a red bezel Trident...I've seen the MK2 & MK3, just curious if CW made a red bezel MK1.

The Mk1's I've seen have the hour dot indicators, which mimic the Rolex and I like how they look.

I just searched in ebay and there is an MK2 for sale, but prefer one that has all the documentation and original packaging..having said that, please post pics, info on red bezel Tridents.
Be aware that the Mk1 does NOT have the ceramic bezel that you prefer. Unfortunately it's a pick one kind of situation: Round markers or ceramic bezel. Good luck with your search. I love my 38mm Mk2 white dial/red bezel.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Quite correct @Lavaine

Potentially, one could buy a Mk1 plus a Mk2 and swap the movement/dial/hands complete, from the Mk1 into the Mk2 case/bezel; to achieve the desired result.

Task would have to be carried out personally or by an independent Watch repairer, as CW will not entertain this.

NB> tuition and guidance may be available from @gaf1958. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

@ MarkingTime ...nice one...haven't seen that variation on a MK1...seen it on a quartz, but not an automatic...don't know why, but I really like the date window at the 4 o'clock position vs the 3 on the MK2 & Mk3s.

@ Lavaine ...decisions..decisions...go for looks vs durability...I can't see myself getting 2 Tridents just to swap the movements...my guess is a custom MK1 with the MK2 movement would not be desirable and hard to flip...I could be wrong...still lot of investment to get what I want when all said is done...can you post a pic of your 38mm red bezel white dial Trident..would like to see that combo..

Am I wrong to assume that the availability of an MK1 is much more limited vs an MK2 and most likely higher in price in the pre-owned market?
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

Mk 1s come around less often, but are generally less expensive than Mk 2s, however, the 38mm watches seem to be gaining in popularity, as the fashion for larger watches wanes.
A word of caution if considering swapping movements, cases or bezels to achieve your goals, the parts might seem like identical and interchangeable parts, but this is not the case and you can easily come unstuck, or literally stuck, if you happen to pick a mismatched bezel size.
Best option for a red/black auto combo, is to pick up a reasonably common Mk1 in black and an all red model, swap bezels and move on the combo that you don't want.
For info, mine is a one off. I very much doubt you will ever see another, unless someone goes to a lot of trouble. :wink:
Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

I see what you did there..very clever!!!!

I was wondering how you got it since I've been in CWarchive (seen the all red MK1) and googling and googling...lol

Let me tell you...you got a beautiful one off Trident there...I just noticed the red highlight on the tip of the second hand....it accentuates the red bezel....nicely done!!!

I always favored smaller watches....never understood the larger ones (the ones from Diesel are ridiculous).
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

My watch is the 38mm and no red bezel version of the C61 exists, so I had to go a different route for mine.

Thanks for the compliment though.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Lu.. wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:22 pm
@ Lavaine ...can you post a pic of your 38mm red bezel white dial Trident..would like to see that combo..
As requested:

2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

I read in another thread that the red bezel Tridents are being discontinued..is this actually confirmed or rumor.

I hope it's just rumor as I'm just trying to scrounge the cash to get a used one...
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

Lu.. wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:22 pm I read in another thread that the red bezel Tridents are being discontinued..is this actually confirmed or rumor.

I hope it's just rumor as I'm just trying to scrounge the cash to get a used one...
I thought I read somewhere in the forum that the red dye was not available any longer?? Or something along that line. I don't see the picture above showing up so I'll post one for you too.

Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

Budman2k wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:33 pm
I thought I read somewhere in the forum that the red dye was not available any longer?? Or something along that line. I don't see the picture above showing up so I'll post one for you too.
Thanks Budman...that makes sense...Covid has caused so much Supply Chain disruptions...hopefully they continue to do red bezel variants after the supply of the red dye normalizes...

The white dial looks nice.....much more dressier vs the black dial...
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Lu.. wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:48 pm The white dial looks nice.....much more dressier vs the black dial...
My exact thoughts on a white dial dive watch. It’s like the tuxedo of dive watches. And a colored bezel adds in that splash of sartorial style.
Drew
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

Lu.. wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Budman2k wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:33 pm
Thanks Budman...that makes sense...Covid has caused so much Supply Chain disruptions...hopefully they continue to do red bezel variants after the supply of the red dye normalizes...
Mike and Chris confirmed at the get together in Bristol last autumn that the red bezels were going. It’s not a Covid supply issue, it’s a general supply issue.

I seem to remember Mike saying they had even offered to support the supplier in retaining production but it was not feasible.

So if you want one, and you see one, grab it!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:04 pm
Lu.. wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:48 pm The white dial looks nice.....much more dressier vs the black dial...
My exact thoughts on a white dial dive watch. It’s like the tuxedo of dive watches. And a colored bezel adds in that splash of sartorial style.
Only for you young bucks with good eyes.

I’ve had variations of white dials (red, green, black, blue bezels) They look good in photos, see pic above, but not good for quick glances. In certain lighting, the hands disappear. For my eyes anyway.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain