C65 Diver SH21 LE : Uneven bezel

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

C65 Diver SH21 LE : Uneven bezel

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Hi members,

I just received the exchanged C65 Diver SH21 LE today. Found this uneven bezel issue.

Do you encounter this problem as well? What did you do after finding? Is the bezel completely come off easily?

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_1679.jpeg
IMG_1678.jpeg
IMG_1675.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photos 'Placed in Line'
Korn Saksakorn S.
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Re: C65 Diver SH21 LE : Uneven bezel

Post by NeWard »

think some other member had this same problem with the elite, ended up getting an exchange from cw
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

The ceramic was uneven on my Elites bezel, but nothing in comparison to this. I eventually got a replacement so cannot see you will have issue exchanging this
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It certainly looks like that bezel insert is twisted/bent. Definitely needs to be raised with CW CS.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Thank you very much gents. Appreciate your sharing and advice. Email to CW was sent :)
Korn Saksakorn S.
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Today, CW replied me that "the bezel is within our tolerances".
Korn Saksakorn S.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

KornSaksakorn wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:31 pm Today, CW replied me that "the bezel is within our tolerances".
And that's probably why I'll struggle to ever buy a 2nd CW. They consider themselves to produce "affordable luxury watches", which they manage to pull off at the best of times. Defects like that being acceptable sadly pushes them into £200 and below territory.

Edit: have you tried pressing it down? Does it move any? Maybe it's a version where you have to finish putting it together yourself.
diciannove79
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by diciannove79 »

KornSaksakorn wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:31 pm Today, CW replied me that "the bezel is within our tolerances".
Yikes! That's a very disappointing response. Might be worth trying to escalate it to CW management. I personally don't think that it's in acceptable condition (especially as an LE). :(
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Dear members,

Thank you very much for all advices.
Kindly note that Vallen was already included in to'ed because I would like to appreciatively thank her for understanding the issue with scratches, marks, color, and dust on the lug, bracelet, and clasp of the new 65 Diver SH21 LE that I received the first round.

The bezel issue is of the new 65 Diver SH21 LE that I received the second round after Vallen processed the exchange.

Reply below was from Tabitha. Vallen was cc'ed.

Since the reply from CW is:
"I have looked into the photos of the bezel on the watch, the bezel is within our tolerances. However, if you would like to send the watch back to us we can attempt to improve the bezel, although we cannot promise that this would be the case."

I replied as follows:
"With respect to the bezel, I just hope that the blue aluminium insert will not come off and be lost before sending the watch to CW for servicing in approximately 4 years from now. If it is come off before that, please allow me to contact you.
In fact, I checked my C65 Trident Bronze Ombre COSC LE before sending email to you yesterday. The black aluminium insert evenly sits on the bezel."
Korn Saksakorn S.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

That is a disgraceful response. Astonishing! your photo shows very clearly how bad the issue is.

someone call wera to get some common sense sorted out!
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

But they have offered to take the watch back to try to improve the bezel. I would take that up and expect them to sort it out.

I'm very keen on this watch and hope the issue gets sorted out.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Within tolerance my a**e! It's a mess and the offer to take it back to 'try' to improve it but 'cannot promise' is disgraceful. Just more evidence as to why I am struggling to buy into the 'New Christopher Ward' - bring back Chris and Wera, the new regime is all about volume and not about the customer. Not the company it once was I'm afraid.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I think to make such an opinion from photo's, however good they are, is simply unacceptable. They need to inspect it personally before forming such an opinion. And that, I believe should have been the basis of their reply. Not the wishy-washy reply you have received. Personally I would send it back demanding a refund. I wouldn't accept their response. Maybe it's time to change the brands name to Mike France and keep Chris out of it.
'Tis me
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:33 pm Within tolerance my a**e! It's a mess and the offer to take it back to 'try' to improve it but 'cannot promise' is disgraceful. Just more evidence as to why I am struggling to buy into the 'New Christopher Ward' - bring back Chris and Wera, the new regime is all about volume and not about the customer. Not the company it once was I'm afraid.
+1 :thumbdown:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I am not quite following the thread. Is this a new (or NN) watch, or a new (or NN) replacement for a new watch?

Either way if this is effectively an unworn watch, then the bezel doesn't look acceptable to me. At the very least they could refinish this with a new bezel, if not just replace the watch. You wouldn't thing they would be happy with the CW forum spreading gloom.

Anyway, I hope you get it sorted, @K