C65 Diver SH21 LE : Uneven bezel

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Re: C65 Diver SH21 LE : Uneven bezel

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Thanks so much, members, for sharing and giving me advices.

Tabitha replied me yesterday:
"It is unlikely that the bezel will fall off as this held in with the ratchet. However, if you do have any problems down the line with the bezel we will be more than happy to get this back to us for a repair."

This C65 Diver SH21 ("C65") having aluminium insert issue is new after exchange (I originally ordered new but my firstly received C65 has some scratches (unremovable), marks (unremovable), dust (removable), and color (removable).

In my opinion, I do not want CW to bear another set of customs duty, VAT, and fees (around GBP 240 each time for the C65) when returning to me in Thailand (if issues are not caused by me). Furthermore, I do not feel comfortable when my watch is handled by any third parties involving shipment who may not care, regardless how well I pack.

In short, I would like to avoid unnecessary shipment. I will wait until the aluminium insert come off or servicing period (in approximately 4 years), whichever comes first, to send the C65 to CW.
Korn Saksakorn S.
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Having seen this thread I just checked my own C65 SH21 LE.
Bezel is even all round.
I think an uneven bezel like the OP's would be sloppy on a £200 watch, let alone an £1800 one.
Poor show by CW IMHO... "within tolerance" :shock:
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Their reply saying it’s within tolerance is utterly disgraceful. I have checked my C65 SH21 LE bezel. It sits perfectly, no gap at all, not only that...the bezel rotates smoothly. By far, this is the best CW I have matching its price tag.

After all, you have 60:60 warranty. Just return it for full refund. Wait for another 4 years to see the outcome is too long. Once your eyes catch the uneven bezel inserts, you can’t get off of it.

P/s: I did email Chris expressing my dissatisfaction on how their CS handled my issue. He made sure my issue was settled within one hour.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

KornSaksakorn wrote:Today, CW replied me that "the bezel is within our tolerances".
Sorry CW but that is completely BS CS. I would be very unhappy about that response.

This is what a C65 bezel should look like, no gaps. Especially that third photo of yours, you could drive a bus through those gaps.

I’d be emailing Mike France with that photo and asking him if he thinks that is acceptable and within tolerance for a near £2k watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:43 am
KornSaksakorn wrote:Today, CW replied me that "the bezel is within our tolerances".
Sorry CW but that is completely BS CS. I would be very unhappy about that response.

This is what a C65 bezel should look like, no gaps. Especially that third photo of yours, you could drive a bus through those gaps.

I’d be emailing Mike France with that photo and asking him if he thinks that is acceptable and within tolerance for a near £2k watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks gents.

I emailed Mike on 14 August 2020 with 8 photos from 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock. Await his reply.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Dear Mike,

I hope my email finds you well.

Can you please confirm CW tolerances regarding the aluminum insert?

Attached herein please find photos of the blue aluminum insert of my exchanged C65 Diver SH21 LE for your reference.

Look forward to receiving your tolerances confirmation. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Korn"

IMG_1705.jpeg
IMG_1703.jpeg
IMG_1702.jpeg
IMG_1701.jpeg
IMG_1700.jpeg
IMG_1699.jpeg
IMG_1698.jpeg
IMG_1697.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photos 'Placed in Line'
Korn Saksakorn S.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ Good call to email MF. :thumbup:

I am sure you will get a sensible response.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

The more I look at that, the worse it gets!
There's always time for one more.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Under any circumstances, the state of the bezel on this watch is unacceptable, as is the customer service response.
Whoever advised that it was "within tolerance" needs retraining, or if this is the official CW viewpoint, then CW needs a rethink, it's p**s poor.
I wouldn't accept this on a £2 market stall Mickey Mouse knockoff.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Simply unacceptable. I know it's a pain to return from far afield, but that has to go back.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Many thanks gents for all further advices :)
I will send further email about the aluminum insert to CW after receiving the warranty card showing serial no. correctly matched with this watch.
Korn Saksakorn S.
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Dear all advisors,

Finally my bezel issue shown in the photos was sorted out after emailing Mike in March. I waited emailing him in one email after receiving C60 Lympstone having misaligned bezel issue.

2 timepieces returned to me in April with much satisfactory bezel conditions (not perfect, but acceptable).

As long as Mike is always here for us, we will be in good hand.

My special thanks goes to Vallen and all her colleagues involving my journey of CW timepieces collection (9+1).

Last but not least, my appreciative thanks to all advisors. I have really learnt a lot from this independent forum and all individual contributors.

Cheers!
Korn Saksakorn S.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

KornSaksakorn wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:11 am Dear all advisors,

Finally my bezel issue shown in the photos was sorted out after emailing Mike in March. I waited emailing him in one email after receiving C60 Lympstone having misaligned bezel issue.

2 timepieces returned to me in April with much satisfactory bezel conditions (not perfect, but acceptable).

As long as Mike is always here for us, we will be in good hand.

My special thanks goes to Vallen and all her colleagues involving my journey of CW timepieces collection (9+1).

Last but not least, my appreciative thanks to all advisors. I have really learnt a lot from this independent forum and all individual contributors.

Cheers!
Glad it’s been sorted out for you. Must be very frustrating, though. Two watches with misaligned bezels is poor QC!
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Good to hear that has been sorted. With ramping volume comes growing pain, but so long as there is recourse, we can deal with it.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Darn. Was hoping you'd return it so I could pick it up on a NN sale. JK, glad they did the right thing even though it was the wrong way to get there.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk