What WAS I thinking of?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: What WAS I thinking of?

Post by stefs »

The problem is for me Steve... the c5 although nice is a dress watch really, at least in the gold version. Can you honestly think of any occasion when you are going to wear a dressy watch and you would choose to wear this over the classic iconic cartier that you are lucky enough to have. If you do wear it will it be just because you haven't for so long you feel it should get a run out. Maybe now is the time to let someone else have a chance to enjoy it on a regular basis and you bung a few bob in the next holiday fund?
Cheers now, Paul
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

I've got an original Malvern in SS. Beautiful watch. Like you, I don't wear it often but I'm not parting with it. I believe mine is the ETA 2824.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Paul, I appreciate your comments – thank you. I’m just going to indulge myself a little on this one, however. It’s just so nice to wear for a day or two, and the holiday fund won’t suffer too much. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Really happy you are keeping this simply fabulous piece Steve :clap: 8) :thumbup:
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

This watch is the essence of Christopher Ward. We should all own one. :D
Amor Vincit Omnia

I had another change of heart yesterday. Having got this one all ready I just couldn’t get out of my mind what a lovely watch it is, and decided to keep it as a nice bracelet alternative for the warmer weather.

Still, I had eight CWs back in January and now have four, three having departed in the last 48 hours. So I’m making progress! :lol:

53131B2D-FAC4-4F0B-AD95-B7A16C8C3CBB.jpeg
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

AVO, you made the correct decision. The C5 is a classic watch, I wear mine infrequently, but feel "dressed" up when I do, shame the rest of me is a sack of S%*T :) and does not do the watch justice haha
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 am I had another change of heart yesterday. Having got this one all ready I just couldn’t get out of my mind what a lovely watch it is, and decided to keep it as a nice bracelet alternative for the warmer weather.

Still, I had eight CWs back in January and now have four, three having departed in the last 48 hours. So I’m making progress! :lol:

53131B2D-FAC4-4F0B-AD95-B7A16C8C3CBB.jpeg
That's a good call Steve. Sometime the best sales are the sales you don't make and listen to your heart. That's one of the top two C65's IMO (also like the black and copper LE version)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Grannypam

Post by Grannypam »

I have just been given a Mk1 C5 gold quartz, it looks similar to the automatic shown but it is the quartz version. It is in very good condition and belonged to a friend of my daughter who has sadly died. Does anyone know what it is worth for insurance purposes please.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Hello and welcome. These were not expensive, though we can’t give you an exact value.

Here’s a link to the watch in CW Archive

A link to the pricing page.
Steve

CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by CM23 »

I LOVE that I'm not the only person who experiences this - I've tried to sell a few recently and just can't do it after trying it back on to take photos!