Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Jan sale

Post by Viognier »

MiniMpi wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:50 pm
Viognier wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 pm I picked up a C7 Chronograph (Panda) on blue canvas strap (though write up says black....I'm fine either way). Convinced myself that I needed a watch for wearing around during yardwork and on vacation when theft (Barcelona the undisputed pickpocket, petty theft capital of the globe) may come into play.

I always liked Ferg's when he posted pics of his in CWL of the Day.
Great addition Lance :clap:
Did you go for the white dial version or the black or green ?
Thanks Ferg, white dial with black subdials... a true Panda look!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

timor54 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:15 am
Viognier wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 pm I picked up a C7 Chronograph (Panda) on blue canvas strap (though write up says black....I'm fine either way). Convinced myself that I needed a watch for wearing around during yardwork and on vacation when theft (Barcelona the undisputed pickpocket, petty theft capital of the globe) may come into play.

I always liked Ferg's when he posted pics of his in CWL of the Day.
I’ve ordered the same and see what you mean about the strap, described in the text as black but pictured on blue canvas.

Possibly just the original description but with these watches being assembled from their end-of-life spare parts bin?
Hi Tim. Hoping it ships with the Black canvas or hybrid strap, but will live with the blue if that's what arrives. Blue would likely see duty on my C60 Scooter Blue with other options assigned to the C7 Rapide from the existing strap drawer.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Markornot
Guru
Guru

Post by Markornot »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm Picked up a bracelet for my C9, at 70% off it seemed rude not to.
I’d be interested to know how the fitment is on your C9. I picked one up in last year’s sale but the endlinks didn’t fit snugly. Apparently their are at least two different endlinks for the C9 variations. Mine is a JH but I surmised the endlinks were for a five day which has a different case back. I couldn’t confirm this from CW as the just told me to send watch back with the new bracelet (from the US). As they had already misplaced it previously for numerous months during a warranty repair, I declined and modified the endlinks to a perfect fit.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nothing for me. Last new watch was in November 2018.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:23 pm
Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:16 pm picked up a 38mm white dial and red bezel mk2 Trident for £350.
Same here. Definitely a keeper as long as it all goes through ok [-o<
I received order confirmation straight away and have just this morning had a despatch email for the 38mm.

For what it's worth Mike, I didn't receive any acknowledgment or despatch emails from CW for my 40mm GMT purchase in December.
The only things I had were a PayPal invoice and DPD notification of delivery.

I used PayPal for both purchases :?
Ryan
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Wow, just received despatch notice for 1st of my Sale purchases (C7 Panda) and it wasnt even on next day. Impressive CS from CW.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
zonnicso

Post by zonnicso »

Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm Have people received the confirmation emails? My order went through as I had to put in the 6 digit code that was text to me as part of the payment process, plus it’s showing as pending from my account.

When I check I’ve not had the confirmation email, nor is is showing as an order in my history.

Might be CW and their systems but not sure if it’s others impacted as well as me
Got the email right away, and the watch is set to arrive to day in Iceland. Must say, quite impressed.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Soporsche wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:38 am Wow, just received despatch notice for 1st of my Sale purchases (C7 Panda) and it wasnt even on next day. Impressive CS from CW.
They must have done a lot of work on how to manage and support sale times. So far the systems have stood up, systems have remained responsive, and timely notifications on orders. So far so good CW (as it should be :) )
richtea
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by richtea »

No watches this time round but as per a few old faithfulls early comments i hopefully snapped up a C3 Mk1 bracelet at a silly price :clap: :D
Been after one for a long while and whilst its not the original i'm hoping its a good look
Nice to have the weightier clean steel option ..... although not to knock a whole raft of great standard strap options i've had on my C3 over the years

Fingers crossed its not an over sale and gets cancelled

Happy hunting all

Regards
RichT
6 x C Ward
Assorted Swiss and
Japanese Quartz/Autos etc ...

Open the pod doors Hal !! :lol:
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Couple more C8 Autos added, DLC & Steel and another 38mm c60 white/red
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Markornot wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 am
H0rati0 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm Picked up a bracelet for my C9, at 70% off it seemed rude not to.
I’d be interested to know how the fitment is on your C9. I picked one up in last year’s sale but the endlinks didn’t fit snugly. Apparently their are at least two different endlinks for the C9 variations. Mine is a JH but I surmised the endlinks were for a five day which has a different case back. I couldn’t confirm this from CW as the just told me to send watch back with the new bracelet (from the US). As they had already misplaced it previously for numerous months during a warranty repair, I declined and modified the endlinks to a perfect fit.
Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on that, it's news to me. My C9 is a BDD LE so we'll see. Thanks for the heads-up.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
hyperion
CW-watches: 2

Post by hyperion »

I forget to watch my email box yesterday.... and now it's too late for me.
No more Trident Mk2.
Rooski
Junior
Junior

Post by Rooski »

hyperion wrote:I forget to watch my email box yesterday.... and now it's too late for me.
No more Trident Mk2.
Sorry to hear that, there are some bronze Mk 2s when I last looked? I didn't even get an email from CW. I just happened to see a link posted by one of the CW Facebook member.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

C5 Malvern mk2 auto,C60 trident 600,Seiko Sea Urchin, Oris Junior vintage, Tag Aquaracer (Quartz) and Golana Aqua
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

hyperion wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:59 pm I forget to watch my email box yesterday.... and now it's too late for me.
No more Trident Mk2.
There's always the chance of a return under the 60/60 warranty, so keep looking. You might get lucky.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Viognier wrote: Thanks Ferg, white dial with black subdials... a true Panda look!
Excellent !
You could always buy the bracelet for it which is currently in the strap sale.