The new CWArchive

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 24

Re: The new CWArchive

Post by gaf1958 »

Kip wrote:Well thanks to the ingenuity of “downer” we have now implemented Lance’s idea and we think it adds to the reference capabilities of the CWArchive.
Well done to all, but particularly Richard for the implementation and Lance for the excellent idea. Image
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+C15+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+9xSeamstr+Connie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+5xFarer+3xOris+3xMagrette+Sinn+11xSeiko+4xVtg
B&R+2xHalios+3xVisitor+TagH+3xTissot+3xDiRenzo+6xZelos+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Viognier »

Kip wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:41 pm
Back in November of last year we had an edit/suggestion pop up in the CWArchive that we thought was interesting.
Perhaps consider linking a Loupe article (or previous CW publication article) when a model is launched and featured in that publication to that specific model in the archive.

Viognier (Lance)
We thought it was interesting but did not know if it was possible. We also had not ever thought of doing this! #-o I cannot recall if I answered Lance or not, :oops: but the Admin Team shelved the idea since we were doing a lot of general house keeping at the time. The approaching holidays also did not seem an opportune time.

Well thanks to the ingenuity of “downer” we have now implemented Lance’s idea and we think it adds to the reference capabilities of the CWArchive. We have added a featured model(s) link(s) to all the magazines/Loupe’s that we have. The appropriate link is also now featured on the “Model” page. Now you can find the launch article of the model you might be looking up or you can link directly to the featured model(s) from your chosen publication on the "Publications" pages.

We hope you will find this helpful at some some point. Thank you for the suggestion Lance! :thumbup:
Fantastic work Richard and Kip for making this viable!!

I always try to keep the Loupe issue that corresponds to the CW watches I own....this absolutely simplifies it and keeping it electronically eases the challenges with long term storage. Great stuff!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We have added another enhancement to the CWArchives.

You now have the ability to rate the primary models (not the variants) and comment. It is our hope that this will prove to be useful for prospective buyers going forward and for those researching the secondary market.

From the CWA Home Page go to Search>>Model Search. On the far right you will see the Star rating and a little Binocular with the rating count. If you want to rate the model just click on the the binoculars and a rating page pops up.

The rating option is also available from an individual Model Page. Note the Star rating at the top left and the Binoculars on the top right.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We have added another enhancement to the CWArchive.

As most of you are aware, the Quarterly Magazine of CW is called Loupe (previously Christopher Ward Magazine). These Lifestyle magazines contain many excellent features and stories that cover CW, horology and other areas that might be of interest to some readers. These complete Publications can be accessed via the "Publications" tab on the home page of the CWArchive or if you go to the Timeline tab you can access the complete publications from any given year.

We have taken this a step farther to make it simpler for everyone. We have developed "Snippets". Our Snippets are articles of interest related primarily, but not limited, to the history and growth of CW as well as general horology. We have extracted the articles from the CW Magazines and Loupe to create "Snippets".

You can now see a list of the "Snippets" from the Publications tab or if you visit the "Timeline" you will see access to the "Snippets from a given year.

This saves you going through complete magazines if looking for something specific that was published in any of the Magazines. We have omitted watch model launch articles as these are available via the Watch model pages where applicable.

The "Snippets" page will give you a brief synopsis of the articles and includes the year of publication.

We hope you like it as it has been a great team effort and some fun putting this together.

Please let us know what you think.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

Just had a look. Fascinating and informative but I am afraid my work might suffer as I can see me being drawn to this on a very regular basis. Big thanks to all involved. This is the kind of genuine support for others which makes this forum such a special place for those with an interest in watches. Thank you again Kip and the Team.
Gordon