Question re: Malvern Auto >>>>

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jsdp
CW-watches: 0

Question re: Malvern Auto >>>>

Post by jsdp »

When screwing down the crown, does your Malvern continue to wind? This doesn't seem to happen with my other ETA 2824 screw down crown watches. Please let me know if this is normal for the Malvern. Thanks.
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Yes it does.
I don't think it does any harm to the watch though
billkt3

Post by billkt3 »

I am having a difficult time getting the date function to roll over properly--it want to change during the day not at midnight---what am I doing wrong. I haven't set during the 9-12 prohibited times. Help please.
mainman333
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidM1 »

Sounds like you have to wind the hands forward twelve hours from where you are now and then set the date (if it needs it). The hour hand goes round the dial twice a day before the date clicks over at midnight. I suspect it is just out of sync and thinks it is evening when it is actually still morning. :)
billkt3

Post by billkt3 »

Thanks, David M. That worked! Everything is now back on track.

Bill
mainman333
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

I too had trouble screwing down my crown...but this helped.

Post by joerattz »

My Malvern is the first watch I have owned with a screw down crown. I was having some difficulty with the process, but Christopher Ward made a video for me demonstrating the process. This seems like a fitting place to share it:

http://www.rattz.com/PublicPortal/Defau ... ?tabid=249

I hope it helps.
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidM1 »

Thanks for posting that Joe. Great film! And to think, it just missed the Academy Awards...
:D

Very handy to see it done properly.

PS Bill, I'm glad the date thing is sorted.
Kostya

Post by Kostya »

DavidM1 wrote:Thanks for posting that Joe. Great film! And to think, it just missed the Academy Awards...
:D
To qualify for the 2006 Academy Award it should've been released during 2005. It's a cool movie anyway and has to be nominated for the next year Oscars :lol:
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Wow Joe, he even metions your name 8) !
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

Warhol wrote:Wow Joe, he even metions your name 8) !
I know. I think that makes me famous now, doesn't it? And, as the first Christopher Ward endorsing celebrity, I demand one watch of each model. I can't be risking my celebrity status for a product I don't believe in. And I can't believe in a product that isn't sitting on my wrist, especially the Malvern Aviator with a strap. :D

All kidding aside, I think it shows the tremendous effort CW is putting forth to have satisfied customers. That he would go to the trouble to create the video just for me demonstrates his commitment. I believe I could have spent tens of thousands of dollars for one of those fancy pants watch brands, but I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble to make me a video.

FYI, I moved where that video is, but I also updated the link in my post above. I wanted to put a little more information around it for context. I only mention it in case someone saved a favorite for that link.
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidM1 »

joerattz wrote: I believe I could have spent tens of thousands of dollars for one of those fancy pants watch brands, but I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble to make me a video.
Ain't that the truth. I think the CW business model is really interesting and I love how it makes such good use of the internet. Suddenly "exclusive" watch showrooms look very dated.
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

joerattz wrote:
Warhol wrote:Wow Joe, he even metions your name 8) !
I know. I think that makes me famous now, doesn't it? And, as the first Christopher Ward endorsing celebrity, I demand one watch of each model.
Congrats Joe :lol: I hope Chris will send the watches a.s.a.p! In the mean time, I updated your rank, as you can see right below your name! It is an honor to have you on this forum, sir! :wink:

And I copied your post with the video to the "Reviews and Articles" section.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

In response to this thread I thought I'd share some additional links Joe might find helpful.

Helpful link.

Additional help.

El Tiempo
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

El Tiempo wrote:In response to this thread I thought I'd share some additional links Joe might find helpful.

Helpful link.

Additional help.

El Tiempo
I hate to tell you this, but I followed those instructions for sharpening a pencil as best I could, and all I ended up with was a crumbled eraser. I think they must have left out a step.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

joerattz wrote: all I ended up with was a crumbled eraser.
Joe, I can see how without video this would be confusing.

El Tiempo