chat with chris photos posted on watchfreaks

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mikepj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

chat with chris photos posted on watchfreaks

Post by mikepj »

Seems like someone has chosen to post the entire series of chat photos over on watchfreaks

A tad cheeky methinks

http://watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?i ... _to=353760
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: chat with chris photos posted on watchfreaks

Post by Mr Rick »

mikepj wrote:Seems like someone has chosen to post the entire series of chat photos over on watchfreaks

A tad cheeky methinks

The OP has a habit of "borrowing" from other forums. :thumbdown:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

Any publicity is good publicity right?
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Vicious49 wrote:Any publicity is good publicity right?
Yes, but it would have been nice if he had mentioned where he had gotten the pictures.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

If andrema on Watchfreeks is the same member as here, he has not signed in for almost 2 years. :?

This is why Chris is careful when he releases the drawings to us.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thedose
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Thedose »

I don't understand why there are people who scour the net looking for things and posting elsewhere without crediting the source like that. For all those watchfreek forum members know, he could have photoshopped those pics...

Regardless, I did see many people on that forum say they "see a CW in the future" which is a good thing I suppose?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

We do have a few inmates here that are members of Watchfreaks as well, Foghorn and Rusty I know of for sure. Although I am a member, I rarely have time to visit. I trust that others will let us know of anything eventful.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
tattoo chef

Post by tattoo chef »

Hello. First post here. I will make an intro post shortly, but signed up and was browsing the forum, looking around and found this post.

I am a moderator at Watchfreeks.

I first found the images you speak of , posted elsewhere, and then I found the link for them back to this forum.

I apologize if anyone was offended. It wasnt a slight against this forum, but rather just a posting of upcoming Christopher Ward models.

We at Watchfreeks have a good relationship with Christopher Ward, and have done reviews for them in the past as well.

I will edit the post to reflect a link back to this forum.

My apologies.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Welcome to "The Asylum" tattoo chef!

Happy to have another "watchfreaks" member inside here.

No worries on the photos...I think it was just the lack of credit that miffed a bit. Alas...the power of the internet.

Thanks for correcting.

The ultimate goals are the same for both both forums. A place for freaks/inmates to gather and discuss watches. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

andrema
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by andrema »

Mr Rick wrote:
mikepj wrote:Seems like someone has chosen to post the entire series of chat photos over on watchfreaks

A tad cheeky methinks

The OP has a habit of "borrowing" from other forums. :thumbdown:
Rick, get over yourself. It was more than likely because of one of my post that you discovered CW watches in the first place -- you are welcome! FYI - I have owned CW watches since they started. If you have issues with me, bring it to me via PM on any if the forums that we both belong to...it is in poor taste you go after someone where that person has a remote chance of defending themselves or express their perspective.

FYI - If I bring content to a forum, I generally post links to my resources. These posts create awareness of new brands and models, which benefits those companies through brand awareness as well as an increase in customer base. I neglected to add the source in this case, but it wasn't intentional.

Regards,
Mark
andrema
Senior
Senior

Post by andrema »

On a separate note, I have been a good ambassador of the brand throughout the years. I have continuously informed forum members (on multiple forums, where I am either a moderator or administrator) of the good quality and value of the CW brand. I think Chris would be happy for that effort on my part.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

Linking to content is fine - it is the point of the internet. Appropriating content is not.

People do seem to be of the opinion that anything on the internet - in the public domain - is fair game to be taken, altered and re-used as they wish... but this is morally suspect, and can even be a civil or legal offence depending on your jurisdiction.

Ask permission and credit your sources and all will be well...
--
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
andrema
Senior
Senior

Post by andrema »

Cirrus wrote:Linking to content is fine - it is the point of the internet. Appropriating content is not.

People do seem to be of the opinion that anything on the internet - in the public domain - is fair game to be taken, altered and re-used as they wish... but this is morally suspect, and can even be a civil or legal offence depending on your jurisdiction.

Ask permission and credit your sources and all will be well...
--
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
Believe what you like. I was just sharing what I found on the Internet. In fact, I may have seen it elsewhere, away from the CW forum...
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

Hmm, That's great, another 'post it first, look at me, I know something you don't' friend of the Brand gives what could be the last of the sneak previews from CWL.

It's well meaning fools like this that ruin the game for all of us, having these pictures leaked at this early stage could cause great damage, a couple of teasers yes, but not the prototypes and the raw, un-redacted technical drawings.

Don't you understand the meaning of intellectual property?

All it needed was an email to either the forum admins or Chris and we'd all be applauding you, think first maybe?
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
andrema
Senior
Senior

Post by andrema »

rcherryuk wrote:Hmm, That's great, another 'post it first, look at me, I know something you don't' friend of the Brand gives what could be the last of the sneak previews from CWL.

It's well meaning fools like this that ruin the game for all of us, having these pictures leaked at this early stage could cause great damage, a couple of teasers yes, but not the prototypes and the raw, un-redacted technical drawings.

Don't you understand the meaning of intellectual property?

All it needed was an email to either the forum admins or Chris and we'd all be applauding you, think first maybe?
Seriously, you guys are being dramatic. They were on a public forum for the world to see. All that I did was share the great designs with other WIS aka potential buyers to check them out. No damage was done...it probably actually created more discussion of the brand.

I fully understand IP, in fact I deal with it all of the time. You obviously have no idea of the concept...

Oh...by the way, I'm no fool. Have a nice day!