Nato advice for C60 Trident Pro 600 Blue 42mm

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Buck327

Nato advice for C60 Trident Pro 600 Blue 42mm

Post by Buck327 »

Hi everyone. I got my blue 42mm C60 Trident Pro 600 earlier this year and I’ve become interested in getting a nato strap. I currently have the blue hybrid rubber strap as well as the brushed steel. I just love how changing straps can give you the feel of a whole new watch. I’ve been doing some research on brands, colors, etc., but I’m torn as to what color/pattern nato to get. I definitely like the blue strap with the blue dial, but I have 2 thoughts I can’t seem to shake. 1. I already have a blue strap so I kind of want to get something different and 2. I’d be worried about not being able to get a nato that is the same shade of blue as the watch. Would that even matter? Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for a nato that would look good on this watch? I appreciate the help and I look forward to the ideas. Thank you. I'm sure you all know what the watch look like, but here's a pic just in case. It's not the greatest pic, sorry.
C60.jpg
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Nato advice for C60 Trident Pro 600 Blue 42mm

Post by kiter65 »

That’s the fun thing about nato’s they are inexpensive, buy 3 or 4 colour ways and swap them about until you find your favourite, you could even try a yellow/orange strap 8) The choice is yours, have fun
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

I think it would look great on a "Bond" Nato, the grey striped kind. I have a Vario elastic single-pass that is super-comfortable.
Don't forget that as your watch has existing quick release strap and bracelet, you will need a pair of spring bars.

Absolutely agree with @kiter65, get yourself a few. A strategy that you might consider is trying a few from a vendor of good but inexpensive straps (like Vario, there are plenty of others) and if you find something that really grabs you, get something like that from a premium vendor like Erika's Originals.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I think NATO's are so cheap you can play around with colours for not much money. Get a couple of cheap ones and see if you actually like the way they feel. After spending about £70 on assorted NATO's, I think I have come to the view that I am not that keen on the look of the doubled-back tie off. The only watch that I ever felt happy with on a NATO was a CW trident bronze, and I wore that with any colour NATO, never really bothering about colour matching, as I thought the NATO style suited the informality of the bronze watch.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I’d be worried about not being able to get a nato that is the same shade of blue as the watch. Would that even matter?
The simple answer to that question is that if it matters to you, it matters. If it doesn't matter to you, it really doesn't matter. As for NATO straps, the only one I have (!) is a Phoenix 'Admiralty Grey' which pretty much goes with anything. It's also the colour of the genuine item which I like.

But, each to their own - your watch, wrist and look. Do what makes you happy, you aren't harming anyone and they are cheap enough to have some fun with - as others have said.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

+1 for the Bond striped NATO. I think that looks great on just about any watch. I also think you can’t go wrong with the admiralty grey or the basic black. Add in a shade of blue that’s close (no need to be a perfect match) to the shade of the watch.

As many have already stated, lots of opportunity for experimentation with NATOS because of the cheap entry point.
Drew
Buck327

Post by Buck327 »

Thanks for all the great ideas!
Noush - I appreciate the heads up. I ordered some yesterday. Now I just need the nato(s).
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Perlon straps such as Eulit Palma are also an interesting option.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Basic black, grey and the black and grey bond would look good. Another good choice I think would be the Supreme NATO in Midnight from Crown and Buckle. It is a really dark blue and looks black in some conditions. It has a really unique shimmer to it.

Midnight Supreme NATO

20210621_140853176_iOS (2).jpg
20210621_140809603_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

rkovars wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:12 pm Basic black, grey and the black and grey bond would look good. Another good choice I think would be the Supreme NATO in Midnight from Crown and Buckle. It is a really dark blue and looks black in some conditions. It has a really unique shimmer to it.

Midnight Supreme NATO

20210621_140853176_iOS (2).jpg

20210621_140809603_iOS (2).jpg
Excellent suggestion. I was going to suggest Crown & Buckle’s chevron strap in night, but my best friend wasn’t too pleased with it when he got one for his blue C60. He had quite a bit of trouble adjusting the fit for his wrists. He’s got quite thin wrists. So the color is great, a mix of black and blue threads, but the fit depends on wrist size.
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:19 pm Excellent suggestion. I was going to suggest Crown & Buckle’s chevron strap in night, but my best friend wasn’t too pleased with it when he got one for his blue C60. He had quite a bit of trouble adjusting the fit for his wrists. He’s got quite thin wrists. So the color is great, a mix of black and blue threads, but the fit depends on wrist size.
Unfortunately, or fortunately for me (depending on how you look at it) I have a tough time finding them long enough. At 7.5" a lot of NATO straps are just too short. They barely leave enough to tuck but too much to leave untucked. If my wrist was super small I wouldn't think twice about hacking a NATO strap a bit to fit (trimming the end and adding holes). The chevrons are a bit tricky as they have a tough nylon inner thread that is very hard.

Looking at my Midnight strap it looks to me like it would go down to 6"-6.5" without any mods.

I have one of those cherons in green. I find them too short for me. It is fully extended and the tag barely mags it through the keepers. I can also see on that strap where a small wrister would have to punch holes. NOTE: I also want to note that I have this thing on the Flightmaster which has the worst lug hole position of any watch on the market and is most definitely affecting the way this strap fits.

All that being said, I can see where it might be a good option for the C60 if the wrist is right. I might have to get a 22 to try on my Ombré.

20210621_143456116_iOS (2).jpg
20210621_143328223_iOS (2).jpg
20210621_143309627_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

For an adjustable NATO(?) I'll venture to suggest Elliot Brown's NATO 2.0 webbing strap with a unique patented buckle giving infinite adjustability (subject to the length of the strap and they're fine for my 7.5" wrist); which is not really a NATO but a single pass strap.

Any of the Desert-Brown with Sky Blue Pinstripe, Dark Blue with Sky Blue Pinstripe or Denim Blue ought to look good on an all blue C60 Trident.

In terms on which strap (NATO) to put with the OP's all blue Trident I'll advocate trying to blend, tone or contrast the colour as opposed to matching; as you'll never get the exact colour match.

In the meantime; did someone mention NATO straps? :-D :-D

The 20mm ones

The 22mm ones

The lot with odd ones.

:oops: :oops: Image Image

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Stratogio
Junior
Junior

Post by Stratogio »

20210619_121318.jpg
Whatchgeko
20210410_142128.jpg
Nato whatchgeko
20210410_141630.jpg
Nato whatchgeko 2
Buck327

Post by Buck327 »

Thanks for all of the pics and suggestions!I hope to order some tomorrow.
LimitedWard
CW-watches: 1

Post by LimitedWard »

Something a little different: I recently got this cheap marine nationale elastic strap off Amazon. It works similar to a NATO, but with a hook instead of a buckle and holes.

The blue is spot on with the color of the watch, though they have a few different color options. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5ZGPY1/re ... 0ea52a.jpg[/IMG]Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk