A place to discuss other watch-brands
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Incoming - Finally!

Post by MiniMpi »

Many Congratulations Phil :)
Pure drool material.......I so want one !!
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Phil0886 »

Thanks for all the kind comments fellas.
Post by watchstudent » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Looks beautiful!!!

I never understand why I am not impressed with this watch in the flesh, think I will need to go and oggle at it again.
I would definitely recommend you have another look, the blue dial versions aren't as easy to find as the other dial colours, and particularly not in the larger size, but for me it's easily the nicest.
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Wrist shots ?
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Great watch, great photos, many congratulations!
'Tis me
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Phil0886 »

Post by blowfish89 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:59 am

Wrist shots ?
As requested :D :

The foreshortening you get from a camera phone makes it look as though it wears bigger than it really does.
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Phil0886 wrote:So it was originally going to be an engagement present, then a wedding present and finally it turned out to be a 1st anniversary present from my lovely wife but I have to say that it's been worth the wait and I love pretty much everything about it which is lucky since by definition it has to be a keeper!!

It's the 41.5mm blue-dialled Omega Aqua Terra 8500 which is in the process of being discontinued. The new version has the 8508 antimagnetic movement version and I can see the usefulness of the new movement but I can't understand why they removed the white gold surround of the date window as the new dial looks unfinished to my eye. Having said that it means that I'm very pleased to have this particular version.

I owned an Aqua Terra previously - the grey dialled version, and had forgotten about some of the little details that made it a lovely watch such as the applied Omega logo, the white gold hands and indices that really catch the light and the incredible AR and I certainly don't remember the dial being as "glossy" on my previous one, hopefully I managed to catch that in a couple of the pics:

Having had it for a week it's barely been off my wrist and I can see that some of my other watches might struggle to get a look in. :D
Hmm. That's a jolly civilised looking watch. I wouldn't take it off either.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands