The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: General Discussion - 2015 FLE

Post by missF »

oh - sorry.... just confirming that there was indeed a nod to the polerouter in my design! but i didn't want to repeat myself here having explained it a bit on my original post in the other section. the picture has found it's way to this thread, but the explanation is in the 'C5 slimline entries' thread.

hope this makes sense! :)

(Edit - and i also missed your comment about moving the Swiss Made...... apologies hughesyn - hope i'm up to speed now!)
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Trouble uploading designs that were done for me. Getting "board quota exceeded" message? In tappatalk and in the forum via Internet? Help? Goose did some great watches for me.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

gatehealing wrote:Trouble uploading designs that were done for me. Getting "board quota exceeded" message? In tappatalk and in the forum via Internet? Help? Goose did some great watches for me.
Have a look at this link for instructions of how to post photos...
http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 69&t=26825
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

Yeah, I've done that one--thought I could do it direct from tappatalk tho. I just got em into photobucket and will get the links in now. Thx
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

When I first first started thinking that I wanted a watch, I went to the local department store and looked a lot at Movado. While I am glad that I was steered away from department store stuff in general, the minimalist look of Movado's museum dial always has intrigued me, so I really like the treatment that welshlad has given the Slimline:

I really like that a lot. I imagine that a version with "CW Blue" would not look as nice, but I'd like to take a look at that too.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Also really dig this treatment of the C65. A simple modification that looks very nice. If only the watch itself were a little smaller.

Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

One plea: don't make it a C65, case is too big. Thanks.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

theaub wrote:One plea: don't make it a C65, case is too big. Thanks.
From what I understood (Mods - please correct if wrong), there could be 2 stages of voting to go.

1. To decide a winner for EACH case.

2. The winner for each case to go to a direct shoot-out vote?
(I don't know if they will be likely to make a number of watches in each case or if there will be just a single winner?)

If it proceeds as I imagine, I will vote for the C5SL option I like best. If we are allowed to change the vote, I will do so once it is apparent that my design won't win (Day 1, I suspect! :lol: ) I will not participate in the C65 vote as I would have no intention of buying one.

If the C5SL winner is a design I like and would buy, I would vote for it in a final shootout. If not, in the interests of fairness, I would abstain entirely.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

welshlad wrote:Here's an out-and-out minimalist dress watch design, taking inspiration from some Movado watches, but also utilising the CWL sunburst/galvanic dial style and the Roman numerals used on the C900SP and C9 5-Day etc. Dial is black (rather than the normal charcoal). No second hand.

C5SLM-18
I'll add this one to my list of ones I like. I still haven't fallen in love yet though
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
jerryuk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by jerryuk »

Just wanted to congratulate everyone who is putting coming up with / facilitating these designs. There is such a wide variety of interesting and starkly different styles that I'm already struggling to chose between them. I just hope the C5SL won't be too big on me; I sense I need to arrange another trip to CW Towers.

Just one thing for the mods, there seems to be two C5SL 08's. Now that's either a mistake or someone in power REALLY likes one of them and is trying to double up the votes!

Jerry
CW: C61 Black ('14), C3 MkII ('14), C61 Orange ('14), C5A ('10), C60 Pro 38mm Red Bezel, Black Face ('15), C60 Pro 38mm Blue Bezel, Black Face ('15) on black leather - worn once - open to offers.
Tag Heuer: 2000 series ('99)
Seiko: snk809k2 ('14)
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

Peteo wrote:When I first first started thinking that I wanted a watch, I went to the local department store and looked a lot at Movado. While I am glad that I was steered away from department store stuff in general, the minimalist look of Movado's museum dial always has intrigued me, so I really like the treatment that welshlad has given the Slimline:

I really like that a lot. I imagine that a version with "CW Blue" would not look as nice, but I'd like to take a look at that too.
I do like that...
but feel that maybe the XII is a bit heavy against the delicacy of the rest - how about without it?
Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

jerryuk wrote:Just one thing for the mods, there seems to be two C5SL 08's.
Thanks for spotting that. Fixed with all the other numbers rippling down.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Peteo wrote:Also really dig this treatment of the C65. A simple modification that looks very nice. If only the watch itself were a little smaller.

This C65 is a watch I would actually buy, but I've got a feeling a C5S will win.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Can anyone give a quick description, on how to copy the pics from the design thread onto general discussion.
I am loving Goose's C65 Astra on the Nato.
I would like to see it on the slimline too.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

General Discussion - 2015 FLE

Post by gatehealing »