blowfish89 March 2015 - All my watches

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: blowfish89 March 2015 (18 Watches, Lots of Pics)

Post by scooter »

I like the Sinn and Damasco in particular but you have many more good watches.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

You must really love that girl to let her steal the best watch in your collection. If I were you I would either get it back or go and find yourself a nice 18ct gold Longines from the same period.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

downer wrote:I have looked at this thread a few times today, but for some reason, I never get to see the original pictures, as they just don't load. I assume it's because my connection is crappy slow.

Anyway, congrats on the collection. :D
downer, here is the direct link to the Photobucket album slideshow (I think the pics load very slow on the post here) - http://s50.photobucket.com/user/blowfis ... rch%202015

I will update this at the top of the first post.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

^^^ Cheers. Some nice pictures there, and some great watches.
Richard
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Dancematt wrote:I saw you had three boxes from the other thread and thought wow how many watches does he own? You have worked fast to produce a decent and varied collection, I didn't realise you had so many.
This is the way of the wis though, how many of us have started, buying with abandon, ambition and an eye for detail and usually the next step as you say is consolidation and stepping up a peg or two price wise before settling down into a natural rhythm. Its just more fun that way.
Love the vintage Omega and the Sinn. I would say perhaps Nomos club next but seems you are into thicker watches? I have no idea but enjoyed your pictures. Good skills but I prefer your cityscape backgrounds :thumbup: keep them up in NCWOTD please 8) :)
Yes, I have to agree with you. I am taking the foot off the buying pedal now and enjoying all the ones I got. I believe in a year or so, I will look at some consolidation. I am definitely not into thicker watches, I wonder why you think so. It is probably because I have avoided buying a truly dress watch since I know I won't have much use for it and have stuck to sportier watches, which are thicker by default. I do like the Nomos Club but I don't like the long lugs and the gap between the strap and the case (and the price is high for me right now as well, since if I get a Nomos, I want one with a displayback). To be honest, I think I would prefer a Stowa Antea over a Nomos Tangente. If I'm going to go for a Nomos, might as well go all out for a Dornbluth. I can't buy any of these now, so will revisit them towards the end of the year. I promised Serlo not to buy any more watches this year at the end of January 8)

I will keep up with the city-scape pictures on NCWOTD :thumbup: Have you seen my C60 on tour pics ?
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

reggie747 wrote:I'm loving the Damasko for sure and I have a certain fondness for the yellow Mako (gotta have a Mako in the box) but in particular, the Sinn chrono acrylic is the creme of the crop there.
Thanks Reggie, the Sinn 103 is indeed a true gem. You should get a Damasko yourself !
scooter wrote:I like the Sinn and Damasco in particular but you have many more good watches.
Thank you Scooter. I think the Vostok's color matches your scooter in your profile pic.
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:You must really love that girl to let her steal the best watch in your collection. If I were you I would either get it back or go and find yourself a nice 18ct gold Longines from the same period.
Haha, yes, I'm actually engaged. I like the suggestion of the Longines, I did a search right now and saw a lovely one but the price was quite high. The other thing is I'm not really sure about wearing such a small watch frequently, so I have to tradeoff how much I am willing to spend on this v/s how much I will actually wear it. I will definitely revisit this later at some point. Gold vintage watches do look quite classy (I wouldn't buy gold-anything modern).
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: blowfish89 March 2015 - All my watches

Post by blowfish89 »

Forgot the one that is gone (given to my younger brother) - a Citizen Nighthawk.
RevenTr
Junior
Junior

Post by RevenTr »

When you first purchased a watch for yourself, (the fossil) did you put a lot of thought into the choice?
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

RevenTr wrote:When you first purchased a watch for yourself, (the fossil) did you put a lot of thought into the choice?
No not at all. I was an undergrad and I had 100 euros leftover from my 3-month Europe trip and on the last day, I thought I'll get something for myself, didn't even decide it was going to be a watch. I saw this Fossil watch in a shop window, went in and bought it - so it was totally on impulse. I paid 90 euros and got 18 euros back for VAT at the airport while returning. Many of my other watches have also been impulse buys (though online now) and I have been very happy with most of them.
RevenTr
Junior
Junior

Post by RevenTr »

Ah ok. Luckily I don't have that impulse shopping habit haha! I Have yet to buy a watch for myself as of yet, which is why I was curious about your choice for that watch. I tend to put a lot of effort into finding the best quality and value for the things that I want. I've done that with headphones and now I've moved to watches. I still think that the GMT c60 is a great choice for my first watch as of yet.