C11 MSL Auto

Documentation and CW-related information
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: C11 MSL Auto

Post by Mr Rick »

Yes, the only differences are the case size and shape, the dial, the bezel, the strap and the price. Otherwise just the same. :lol:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Soon2BSoylent
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Soon2BSoylent »

Hi Kip & All,

Thanks for posting the great photos!

It has however lead me to think that comparison shots are the way forward.

People talk about how certain watch sizes wear, which is a good point but hard to translate.

How about a gallery or thread purely with comparison shots of CW's next to CW's. This would give current owners a better look at how different another model would potentially look against their current model.

First one if I may & if you would be so kind Kip?

C60 vs C11

Please [-o<
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Mr Rick wrote:Yes, the only differences are the case size and shape, the dial, the bezel, the strap and the price. Otherwise just the same. :lol:
I did say similarities :D
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
itsxrw
Junior
Junior

Post by itsxrw »

great review Kip! this watch is definitely on my radar, i want it!
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Keep telling myself that I don't like it as it has no minute markers, but I am strangely drawn to it and I think I want one. :?
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Bighappy
Junior
Junior

Post by Bighappy »

Thank you Kip...What a great review...you sure are an asset to this group...Fantastic stuff here...I'm so ready for mine to arrive!!! ;)
Bighappy
Junior
Junior

Post by Bighappy »

Hey Kip...You mentioned the red altitude indicator at the 3 o clock position...can anybody tell me what this does or is? Is it just for looks? Thank you!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The indicator is just for looks. The C11 MSL (mean sea level) was modeled after an aviation gauge. On the real thing it would have been a level indicator...on the watch......appearance only.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bighappy
Junior
Junior

Post by Bighappy »

Kip wrote:The indicator is just for looks. The C11 MSL (mean sea level) was modeled after an aviation gauge. On the real thing it would have been a level indicator...on the watch......appearance only.
Excellent...thanks so much!
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

great to read this review again soon after i took ownership of my own. i've been wearing it for 4 days now, and thinking some more about why i like it so much. it was chosen for general 'wow' factor - i.e. it just looked and felt very right, and i kept coming back to it on my search. but here are a few more 'considered' (hee hee - I'm new to this!) thoughts about what i like about it. as many have commented, that museum grade sapphire is incredible. i have read and learned a bit about what might make a glass material 'warmer', but in this case i think the stark black is just right. simplicity is a lot of what drew me to this watch, and stark black is a good start for a dial. that starkness is well off-set by the beautiful, slightly textured, dark brown of the strap, and the brushed steel on the case. the whole thing would have been ruined for me had the case been polished steel. i love the 'texture' of every component of this watch. (as an aside, i think i would have found lined-up screws on the case to be more distressing to behold!)

i've been intrigued by the dial since i've been wearing it. mostly in the balance between the main bold features (12,3,6,9 and THOSE hands) and the very (relatively) tiny text and date window. I wasn't sure if these aspects were just too small. I also wondered for a while if the second hand was too fine and difficult to sight. but - i keep coming back to the fact that it's the numerals and the hands that are the stars here (i don't believe the watch even suffers from having no minute markers), set in a case shape that i love for being a bit different. the date window is there when you need it without taking away from the main players on the dial.

the purists here might scold me, but i have been wearing the watch very slightly loose on my wrist, and below the wrist bone. because of this i've shifted it onto my right wrist where the crown won't dig into the back of my hand. it feels great!
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

What a great review.
I'm getting the distinct impression that you love this watch..... :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Matt.harrison

Post by Matt.harrison »

Great looking timepiece, i have slim wrist and having looked at the photos it looks like it appear bigger than the measurements describe.
Sea60
Senior
Senior

Post by Sea60 »

I like everything about it, except the date, it's minuscule! Probably could do without it or bump up the size...
Matthew
Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Tag Heuer Link Calibre 16 Chronograph, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT, Steinhart Nav B Chrono II, Accutron Astronaut