Some of Tim's Tickers

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
Timinwales
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Some of Tim's Tickers

Post by Timinwales »

An Orient field auto, I rate this watch, the face is a bit over complicated for my tastes, and was originally bought as a tester to see if I could get on with a beige dial... That said it gets quite a bit of wrist time

The Hamilton, classic field watch with an ETA movement, plain, smart, never out of place..one of my faveorites

Stieny O1 premium blue, with a Soprod movement, great watch, smart, tough and reliable

The Blumo.. Took a punt on this and so pleased I did, ok it's a Seiko... But all the good stuff you read is true, and until you've worn and used this it's hard to appreciate, just how much watch you get for the money

Last but not least, my Grandfathers Garrard he was given this for 40 years service on Yorkshire traction (busses) and wore it every day after that, I love this watch,for its simplicity, elegance and class.. It still works well and keeps good time, the glass is scratched but I can't bring myself to replace it.. Sentimental value and all that
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Auto~Hamilton Khaki Field~Stienhart Ocean1(Premium Blue)~Seiko Blumo~Garrard Vintage~SKX013~Orient Field
Solar~Citizen Nighthawk(Ti)~Seiko Solar Dive
Quartz~Sector Chrono~Rotary Sub~Luminox SEAL (Ti)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Some of Tim's Tickers

Post by scooter »

A solid selection you have there Tim.

I have to say that the Ocean One remains a favourite of mine.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Timinwales
Senior
Senior

Post by Timinwales »

scooter wrote:A solid selection you have there Tim.

I have to say that the Ocean One remains a favourite of mine.

scooter
Thanks Scooter, I really like Stieny's the C60 pro I have on order was a toss up between the O1 vintage premium GMT or the CW...

I'm a big fan of supporting UK companies, and a bigger fan of UK companies who support HM Armed Forces, so a CW was always on the cards, really looking forward to delivery :D
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Auto~Hamilton Khaki Field~Stienhart Ocean1(Premium Blue)~Seiko Blumo~Garrard Vintage~SKX013~Orient Field
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

Nice group of watches Tim. The Garrard does look nice and it's good to have a watch with some personal history.
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nice little collection, Tim. The Garrard is a class act. Do put it in The Vintage Gallery :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Very nice collection Tim.

You could always try some "Polywatch" on that Garrard crystal.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

Nice collection Tim , I really like the Seiko Blumo , a great quality watch . :thumbup:
Bernie
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Nice collection Tim. You don't see the Hamilton Khaki Field with the beige dial very often. I have one with a black dial, and it is also a favourite. Simple, but as you said, never out of place. Such a great value watch.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Timinwales
Senior
Senior

Post by Timinwales »

Thanks for the kind words guys, I will get to cleaning up the glass on the Garrard, although I seldom wear it ( it seems very small on my wrists).

The Hamilton, Blumo and Stieny were all bought to step away from black dials, no regrets with any of them to be honest, if I'm out on my Mountain bike.. I've a couple of orange Seiko divers ( solar and SKX) that fill the gap and are tough as old boots/ easily repairable in case of major face plant..
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Askari
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Askari »

I wish I had a watch with some personal history.

My father's vintage Rodania is a candidate. He died last year. He acquired the watch in East Africa in 1961 in exchange for a pair of boots. He used the watch and a sun compass to navigate his way through the Northern Frontier District of Kenya, the Sudan and Egypt to get to Cairo to catch the boat home after ten years soldiering in Africa.

My old man was a seriously hard individual.

But the watch's status as potential family heirloom is undermined a bit for me by the fact that when my father retired twenty years ago, he took it off and never wore it again. So it seems he had no particular love for it himself.
Timinwales
Senior
Senior

Post by Timinwales »

Askari, it might be a bit more straight forward than that.. Back in the late 80's early 90's I was given a Seiko field chrono it travelled all over the world with me some nice places and some not so nice, when I demobbed in 2006 I took it off and never wore it again... BUT in 2012 when my son deployed to Afghanistan I had a new battery fitted and passed it on (still on the same NATO strap I'd had) as a luck piece almost because it always brought me back in one piece .. The last words he remembers speaking to the Medics on casevac were "dont you *******dare cut that watch strap" (they didn't) ... He got back in one piece, some very impressive battle scars, but was and is fortunate to be here since he demobbed he hasn't worn the watch either.. It's in a box, with his dog tags, his best mates beret ( he didn't make it home) his medal and some other bits.. Waiting.. So, perhaps not wearing the watch was more about, being in a different life more than not liking it?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure most folk who spend time in the military become, somewhat superstitious about one thing or another
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1