LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Bracelet on C60 GMT Pepsi

Post by Kip »

Downer asked for these. Forgive the quality as they were real quick.

New bracelet

Old bracelet

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TNWatch
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Bracelet on C60 GMT Pepsi

Post by TNWatch »

Please excuse my ignorance (I'm relatively new here) but I've been contemplating a C60 for my birthday coming up. Do the C60's ship with the old band or the new band? The picture on the website of the C60 shows the old band so that is why I was wondering. Thanks for the assistance.
TNWatch
Junior
Junior

Post by TNWatch »

Well, I thought all the pictures on the site showed the old bracelets, but now it seems like some of the pictures show the old and some show the new. (btw, I'm looking specifically at the C60 khaki)
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Thanks for the pictures Kip. The new bracelet looks good with the pepsi dial.

One more question though.... the new bracelet appears to be more tapered than the old one... what is the width at the clasp?
Richard
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

TNWatch wrote:Well, I thought all the pictures on the site showed the old bracelets, but now it seems like some of the pictures show the old and some show the new. (btw, I'm looking specifically at the C60 khaki)
It looks like CW haven't got it quite sorted, which is a real bore. The images on the website show the fixed link bracelet of the original C20, not the lovely new bracelet you can see in Kip's pictures above. Why they can't sort out photographs of the actual piece rather than post poorly photoshopped images is beyond me.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

downer wrote:Thanks for the pictures Kip. The new bracelet looks good with the pepsi dial.

One more question though.... the new bracelet appears to be more tapered than the old one... what is the width at the clasp?
The taper runs from 22mm to 18mm at the clasp on the new bracelet.

The old one goes from 22mm to 20mm.

I don't really notice the difference because of where the tapered part lands on the wrist. Plus the clasp itself is about 20mm.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks Kip. Would you know if these are available for order?
Richard
amleto
Senior
Senior

Post by amleto »

is the new one heavier than the old? I presume it's lighter because of the more sever taper. but I've seen the only complaint against the c60 is that the bracelet is too light and doesnt balance the piece very well.
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
benjaminweiss

Post by benjaminweiss »

Wow. I hadn't been eyeing the c60 mostly due to the bracelet, but the new bracelet has me really considering the c60 now! Congrats to CW for stepping this up :clap:

Does anyone have photos of the grey bezel? I'm debating the black and the grey...(plenty of black photos to go around) The CW photos don't give a great real-world sense of the grey. Hmmm...
CW: C60 Trident Pro (Black)
Non-CW: Raymond Weil Maestro Small Seconds
downer

Post by downer »

benjaminweiss wrote:Wow. I hadn't been eyeing the c60 mostly due to the bracelet, but the new bracelet has me really considering the c60 now! Congrats to CW for stepping this up :clap:

Does anyone have photos of the grey bezel? I'm debating the black and the grey...(plenty of black photos to go around) The CW photos don't give a great real-world sense of the grey. Hmmm...
There's only a couple on here (at least these are the only ones I've seen). :)

(credit to tomrakewell)
Richard
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

I really do like the charcoal grey model.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

amleto wrote:is the new one heavier than the old? I presume it's lighter because of the more sever taper. but I've seen the only complaint against the c60 is that the bracelet is too light and doesnt balance the piece very well.
I didn't have time to weigh both bracelets but I did measure.

Both bracelets measure 3.13mm on the outside links. The new one is 3.63mm on the center link while the old one remains at 3.13mm all the way across. From this I would presume that the new one is a bit heavier.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

I think this sizing information and pictures of the bracelets should also go into the reference gallery under bracelets/straps :thumbup:

Thanks Kip.
Graham
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by shrink »

grrr... elements of even this new bracelet still making me a little unhappy

1) those highly polished centre sections are going to scratch and mark terribly. I know how bad the shiny bits on my old style bracelet look, these are going to look 10x worse after a few months on the wrist. I'm a bit of a desk diver myself, and do a lot of computer typing. I can see it getting very scratched.

2) why oh why, on the diver clasp version of this strap, are the edges of the end links (which are otherwise brushed) a polished finish, when the side of the C60 itself is a brushed finish. The sides of the bracelet don't even match the sides of the watch. looks quite poor from a side view IMHO.

3) the taper is a little extreme, and perhaps a bit dainty at 18mm for a 42mm diver watch

I keep falling in and out of favour with the forum LE.. part of me wants to get involved in owning my first forum LE, and generally i find the C60 an attractive watch with lovely detail in the face. But I don't want on on leather, and i'm not convinced i want THIS bracelet in my life.

Some thinking to do on this one!!
Who watches the watch-men
benjaminweiss

Post by benjaminweiss »

Thanks guys for scoping out the grey (correction: charcoal) bezel :D

Leaning more towards the black... today at least... :?
CW: C60 Trident Pro (Black)
Non-CW: Raymond Weil Maestro Small Seconds